I won't Let Go

Flashback

 Sophia POV

 Sitting on my bed, my phone rings. I smiled as the name ‘Devon’ came onto the screen. I picked up my phone, pressing ‘Accept’.

 “Hello?” I smile, hearing his laugh on the other end.

 “Hey, Soph. Are we still planning on going to the movies?”

 “Of course. I mean, what time are you planning on going?”

 “Whatever time your little heart desires, my dear.”

 Devon is great. He’s been my boyfriend for two years and I couldn’t ask for anybody better. He’s always been there for me when I need someone to talk to. About anything. He’s my best friend..

 There was a faint knock on the door, making me snap out of my daze.

 “Hold on, Dev.” I sigh. “What?”

 The door opens, revealing my mom, smiling. She stood there at the foot of my bed, with a piece of paper in her hands. I gave her a look, confused.

 “Hey, Sophie, can you go get some stuff from the store for me?” she asked.

 “Mom, I’m going to the movies with Devon. Get Jesse to do it.” I say, pointing towards the hallway.

 “But you get to drive your new car.” She sang, annoyingly.

 I rolled my eyes, slightly aggravated as she studied my face. She looked around at my messy room, nodding her head. I put my phone back up to my ear. She’s not gonna let this go.

 “Hold on. Let me call you back. My mom is being nosy.”

 I hung up the phone and threw it down on my bed. I look up at my Mom, who was still staring immensely around my room. She looked at me with that motherly look and I can not stand.

 “You really need to clean this place up.”

 “Yeah, in all of my free time.” I mock, rolling my eyes

 She held her pointer finger in the air, giving me a look. A look signaling to stop my attitude, which she gives me quite often.

 “I need you to go to the store.” She repeated, placing the list on my bed.

 I look down at the long list of stuff, internally groaning. Why is she doing this to me? I have a life just as much as her.

 “But I’m going to the movies.” I reply, calmly.

 “Not until you go to the store.”

 “Jesse.” I call, hoping his door was open.

 She looked down at me, sternly, a warning that told me not to do what I was thinking of doing. As I heard Jesse trudge down the hallway, she whispered, “Don’t."

 “Yes, Soph.” he smiled, walking up to the doorway, rubbing his eyes, sleepily.

 “Can you go to the store and get this stuff so I can go to the movies?”

 He came over, picking the list up off my bed. He looked over the long list of crap my mom needed. After studying it, he nodded his head, yawning. My mom gives him a look, begging him not to give in.

 “Yeah. No problem.” He smiled, nodding his head.

 His blonde hair fell across his forehead, perfectly, showing off his bright blue eyes.

 “Thanks, Jesse.” I smiled, hugging him.

 “Welcome.” he yawned.

 He left the room, list in hand, and my mom looked at me in disapproval. I sighed, looking down at my feet.