Like a boss

Justin POV

As Kenny dragged us out of the store, we saw Scooter standing at the entrance of the store, giving us a stern look. He sighed, and walked beside us as we were dragged by the mall.

 “You guys can’t stay out of trouble, can you?” he asked.

 “Well.. no.” I mumbled.

 “Now we have to go back to the buses.” he sighed.

 “What? No. We can go somewhere else. It’s no big deal.”

 “Yeah, it kind of is, J.” he said, giving me a look and pointing at Sophie.

 “What about Sophie?”

 “You can’t stay out of trouble when you’re around her.” he said.

 “This had nothing to do with Sophie. It was me. I paid with my card because I had no cash left and I definitely wasn’t gonna let her pay.” I inferred him.

 “I never said that. We just can’t have rumors spreading around all the time about you two.”

 “Well, why not?!”

 “You know what happened last time with Selena and all the other girls.” he said.

 I rolled my eyes and shrugged.

 “I don’t care…”

 “But Justin, that was dangerous!”

 “We’re fine though. Everythings good. Right, Soph?”

 “Other girls, huh?”

 Scooter shook his head and started walking ahead of us, leaving me, Kenny, and Sophie standing their awkwardly.

 “Ugh, he’s sucha jerk.” I groaned.

 “I don’t know what his problem is.” Kenny stated, shaking his head.

 “Am I really that bad?” Sophie mumbles.

 “Of course not. Don’t even say that.” I stated, looking her in the eyes.

 “He’s just in one of those moods. C’mon, let’s go.” Kenny said, dropping his hand from my shoulder.

 I grabbed Sophie’s hand and we walked out of the mall behind Kenny.

 We hopped into the Range Rover and I sat in the back with Sophie, not wanting to deal with Scooter.

 “Justin I’m serious, you two need to be careful.” Scooter warned, sternly.

 Sophie started going through her purse, not saying a word.

 “We’re trying, Scooter.” I snapped.

 “Well obviously you’re not.” he retorted, looking at me from the rearview mirror.

 “Would y’all stop?” Kenny complained.

 I rolled my eyes, making sure Scooter saw me. Sophie looks at me with wide eyes, warning me not to say anything.

 “Sure…” I mumbled, not wanting to lose this argument, but Kenny’s right.

 “Thank you.” he stated.

 “Are we really going back to the buses?” I scoffed.

 “Yes.” Scooter stated.

 “Why?”

 “Do I really have to answer that?”

 “You’re sucha bum.” I complain.