The Vow

'Oh these times are hard, Yeah theyre making us crazy, Don’t give up on me baby' ~The Script

Justin POV

 “Let’s get back to the car.” I suggested.

 She nodded and I followed her back to the vehicle. I punched in the code to Ryan’s lock and opened it, so I could unlock the back doors. We climbed in the back seat and Sophie shut the door behind her.

 “I can’t wait till Ryan and Chaz get here. We’re gonna have some wild times.” she said, wiggling her eyebrows, making me laugh.

 “I know. I miss them.” I chuckle.

 “They’re great buddies.. I miss my friends.” she mumbled, looking down.

 Not for long… 

 “Tell me about your friends.” I said

 “Well, you know Becks.”

 “And she’s nice. Anyone else?” I laughed.

 “Shaylin and Jordin.” she replied, nodding.

 “Oh, I’ve never met them. Are they nice?” 

 “Yeah.. they’re great.” she smiled, weakly. 

 I could tell there was something she wasn’t telling me…

 “What’s wrong?” 

 “Shaylin moved awhile back and Jordin.. she had a heart disease. She was born with it and she didn’t grow out of it like the doctors had thought.” she sighed, her eyes watering.

 I looked at her, at loss for words. She has lost so many people.. 

 “Gosh.. I don’t know what to say.” I mumbled.

 “Don’t worry. I wouldn’t either.” she giggled, wiping an escaped tear away. 

“You’re amazing.” I smiled.

 “How?”

 “Just the way you keep going with your life even when you’ve been through all this.” I sighed, trying to fathom it all.

 She smiled, through her tears. 

 “Thanks, J. That means a lot.”

 I smile, shrugging. She’s so beautiful, and I’m pretty sure I’m going to bust if I don’t get up the nerve to ask her out.

 “Tell me about Shaylin.” 

 He sighed,Running her fingers through her hair, her bangs falling around her face. 

 “Well me and her are a lot alike. Picture me, but ten times prettier.” she stated, smiling, innocently. 

 I rolled my eyes, making her look up, chuckling. The sun made her blue eyes stand out even more than they already do. 

 “There’s no such thing. And I’m pretty sure that’s humanly impossible.” 

 “Oh it is. She got all the guys. She played basketball with me, but everybody always said I was better.” she said, adding in a wink at the end. 

 “I believe the basketball part, but of course not the the pretty part.”

 She blushed, playing with her fingers.   

 “So, you don’t have to answer this but, when did Jordin…you know…”

 “Last year.” she stated, sighing. “I was at her house with Becks. We were goofing off, running around and she started having sharp pains in her chest. Her mom took her to the hospital…they said there wasn’t anything they could do…she died a week later.” she mumbled, starting to cry.