𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐒𝐘 𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃

────── ★★★ ──────

It wasn't long after that when Everly got a text from Cassie asking to pick her and her friends up from a shop downtown. She let out a long sigh as she got up from her comfortable spot on the couch to grab her keys and head out. Music filled every inch of her Jeep as she traveled through Hyperion Heights for the second time that day. While she drove, her thoughts about Henry and the possible ways she could get him to remember continued. She stayed in her own little world as she turned down the road closest to the bay that would take her directly to where her daughter needed to be picked up.

As Everly was about to drive past the bridge that led to the ferry, the sound of sirens met her ears followed by a police car coming out of nowhere and cutting her off. The blonde woman slammed on her brakes and barely missed hitting the blue vehicle before she watched it drive toward the docks. Everly's curiosity got the better of her as she parked her Jeep and made her way in the direction the car disappeared. As soon as she reached the end of the bridge, she found two of her co-workers standing next to Drizella Tremaine and across from Lucy and Ella. Just the sight of the Tremaine woman next to four important people in her life made Everly's blood boil. This caused Everly to pick up her speed to get to the group before she missed anything important.

"Is everything okay?" Everly asked once she stopped a few feet away from the young girl, drawing all attention to her for a moment before a small smile appeared on the girl's face.

"Move along, Josephine. You're off duty and this doesn't concern you," the Tremaine woman scoffed before rolling her eyes and sending a scowl the blonde woman's way.

The irritation within the Purest Heart began to grow as she glared at the brunette woman before the former crossed her arms over her chest and quirked an eyebrow in Drizella's direction. "Actually, when a child and their mother look like they're in distress, it is my concern. Isn't that right, Braxton?"

At the sound of his cursed name, Sam looked up from the clipboard in his hands and in the direction of the woman who addressed him. The blue-eyed man just stared at Everly for a long moment before he turned his attention toward the short-haired brunette. "She's right, Ms. Belfrey. If she believes that a minor's in danger, Jo's legally obligated to step in."

"Well, Lucy isn't in any distress or danger."

"That's for me to decide. Not you," Everly responded, resulting in her and Drizella having another staredown before the latter turned her attention back to Lucy and Ella.