𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐄

────── ★★★ ──────

When Everly walked into Roni's the morning after getting a message from Regina, the first thing she saw was Henry and Ella talking at one of the tables. A small smile instantly appeared on the Thorne woman's face at the sight of the happiness on theirs. But when her eyes landed on the unreadable expression on Regina's face, all her positive emotions faded as quickly as they came. The former Evil Queen just stared intently at the couple, completely unaware of the Purest Heart making her way toward the counter. It wasn't until Everly sat down on a stool that Regina turned her attention toward the younger woman.

"Is everything alright, Roni?" the blonde woman questioned, earning a somewhat annoyed look from the Mills woman before she leaned on the counter to get a bit closer to the Purest Heart.

"No need to keep up the facade, Everly. I remember everything," Regina responded, causing the Thorne woman's eyes to slightly widen as she continued to stare at the brunette standing in front of her.

Just as Everly was about to ask how the former Evil Queen got her memories back in a land without magic, she felt a new presence next to her. When she turned her attention toward the newcomer, the Purest Heart found Drizella sitting on the stool closest to her with her eyes glued to Henry and Ella.

"They seem happy," the Tremaine woman stated as she watched the couple laugh on the other side of the room before she turned to fully face Regina.

"What are you doing here?" the Mills woman questioned while Everly took a long sip of her water to avoid their awkward encounter.

"Just checking to make sure you're doing your job because those two are getting closer every day," Drizella stated after looking back at Henry and Ella before her eyes fell on the blonde woman sitting next to her, "I see you've recruited Everly to help you."

"What are you talking-"

"Oh, cut the act. I've known you were awake the moment we arrived here," the Tramine woman interrupted the Purest Heart before she completely ignored Everly's shocked expression and turned her attention back to Regina, "we can't have those two get close because if the curse breaks, the people you love get hurt. So, I'd say you've got your work cut out for you."

Silence surrounded the three women for a moment longer as they watched the happy couple for a moment longer. It wasn't long before Drizella sent Everly and Regina one last smug smirk then she left the building. As soon as the younger brunette was gone, the Purest Heart turned around to face the former Evil Queen. "What did she mean by 'the people you love will get hurt?'"