𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟏

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟏
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐓

────── ★★★ ──────

Anger flowed through Everly's veins as she stood alone in the police station elevator. It had only been a few minutes since Cassie left with Felix, but the Thorne woman didn't want to wait any longer. She needed to face Jack and figure out why in the world he would take her daughter. Even though Cassie said it was to keep his nightmares away, Everly knew there was much more to the story. There were also some words that the Purest Heart wanted to say to their former ally, words that Everly didn't want her daughter to hear.

What felt like an eternity passed before the elevator doors finally opened. Everly did her best to hide her anger as she walked down the hall and passed a few co-workers. It wasn't long after that when she finally reached her destination and pulled out her key card. She watched as the light turned green before reaching for the knob, only to stop when she felt something she hadn't felt in a very long time. Dark magic. After snapping out of her daze, Everly pushed the door open to find Jack slumped over in his chair.

The Thorne woman didn't hesitate to carefully grab Jack and place him on the floor. Her instincts kicked in before a full thought could go through her head as she started performing CPR. Because she was so preoccupied with Jack, Everly was completely unaware of Rumplestiltskin, Hook, and Sam walking into the room. The three men just watched Everly in stunned silence, not sure of what to make of the situation. It wasn't long after that when Sam snapped out of his daze and pulled out his phone.

"No bars," he muttered under his breath while shoving his phone back into his pocket, "I'll go get help."

Before anyone could respond, Sam turned and sprinted back down the hall. Everly barely acknowledged his words due to her keeping all of her attention on Jack. A wave of frustration washed over her while she continued to try to save her former ally, knowing that it would be a lot easier if she had her magic. Everything they were facing would be a lot easier if she had her magic.

Rumplestiltskin continued to watch Everly as he walked around the table to kneel on Jack's other side. He hesitated for a moment before he placed his fingers on the raven-haired man's pulse, only to find nothing there. A small sigh passed over the Dark One's lips as he prepared himself to stop Everly. However, his words got caught in his mouth when he saw Jack's chest faintly glowing gold before it quickly vanished. To Rumplestiltskin's surprise, he was the only one who seemed to notice.

Not even a second after that passed when Jack's eyes shot open before he sat up with a gasp. His eyes scanned the room before they finally settled on Everly. "What happened?"