𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟕

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟕
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒

────── ★★★ ──────

Everly and Pan waited in the clearing for what felt like an eternity, wanting to give the Wish Realm's versions of Rumplestiltskin and Henry time to leave. Despite having time to think of something, neither of them could devise a good plan. Every time they thought they came up with something that could work, the other person always found a flaw. It reminded the Thorne woman of her time on Neverland with her realm's Peter Pan. So instead they sat in the clearing until Everly's patience ran out, which was much longer than she expected. Once she knew the Author's pen was secured in her boot, Everly used her magic to take her and Pan back to the library.

To the Purest Heart's relief, both Rumplestiltskin and Henry were nowhere to be seen. She was beyond grateful for that, not wanting to face them on her own again. It wasn't long before her attention fell on the two snowglobes sitting on the desk. Everly's heart pounded in her chest as she walked across the room until she was standing in front of the glass cages. All she could do was stare at them, unsure of what to do next. The last time she tried to use her magic to free them nothing happened. And the Thorne woman wasn't ready to face failure again, not when her family's lives were on the line.

"Have you tried relaxing a bit?" Pan asked, causing Everly to glance over at him. A wave of irritation washed over her when she found him studying her as he leaned back against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. The Thorne woman was surprised when he let out a small laugh and continued speaking. "I'm serious, Everly. Magic has a life of its own. It acts differently based on your emotions. Maybe if you relax, your magic will do what you want it to do."

Everly couldn't help but stare at the boy in front of her as she took in his words. She hated to admit it, but he made sense. She let the silence surround them for a moment longer before opening her mouth to respond. "And how am I supposed to relax knowing my family is freezing to death?"

"All you need is faith in your magic and trust in yourself," Pan told her in a tone that made it seem as though it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"And what next? Pixie Dust?" Everly scoffed after a wave of irritation washed over her. What she didn't expect was for the smile on the Lost Boy's face to grow. The next thing Everly knew, Pan reached for the rope around his neck and pulled out a small vile from under his shirt. The Thorne woman's eyes widened when she saw the contents inside beginning to sparkle.

"A little Pixie Dust won't hurt. It just needs a little light magic to activate it," the brunette boy announced before taking off his necklace and tossing it to Everly, who caught it with ease, "but I only have enough to break one snow globe. You're gonna have to decide who to save."