𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

────── ★★★ ──────

Roland left soon after seeing the teen's eyes glowing pink to go get some food, leaving Everly alone with Cassie. Neither of them had said a word since the Thorne girl asked about Lucas. Her daughter looked up at the Purest Heart every now and then as if expecting her mother to answer her question. But Everly just didn't have it within her to tell her daughter that her true love only saw Cassie as his classmate and nothing more.

It wasn't until the front door slammed, signaling that the Hood boy had returned, that the blonde girl looked up at her mother again. Everly just studied the pleading look in her daughter's eyes that she simply returned with a guilty stare. When she realized that her mother wasn't going to willingly answer her question, Cassie placed her hand on Everly's knee.

"Please tell me where Lucas is," the Thorne girl whispered just loud enough for the Purest Heart to hear.

The immediate response the woman gave her daughter was a small sigh before she looked up at the ceiling in an attempt to hide her tears. Everly never thought the first conversation she'd have with her daughter after she got her memories back was this one. But she knew she couldn't keep the truth from Cassie any longer.

"He's with Austin...and he's safe," Everly hesitated for a moment as she took in every aspect of her daughter before continuing her explanation, "I'm really sorry, Cass but...but he's still a victim of the Curse...so-"

"He doesn't remember me."

The Purest Heart sent her daughter a small nod before taking the girl's hand into her own. "If it's any consolation, I'm doing everything in my power to break this and get back to our normal lives. We're close...I can feel it."

"We?" Cassie questioned as she looked up to meet her mother's gaze. The two of them just stared at each other until Everly watched realization flash across her features. "Fletcher, Dawn, and Lucy told me who I was. They remember too."

"Well, I'm still not sure if Lucy remembers or just believes but Fletcher and Dawn remembered everything the second they found their necklaces," Everly explained then gestured to the dreamcatcher hanging around her daughter's neck, "just like how you remembered when you got that back."

Out of instinct, Cassie reached up and touched the one object that gave her control of her abilities. The very thing that let her control her nightmares instead of trapping her within them.

"Will that make Lucas remember if we find his moonstone? And dad with his bracelet?" the Thorne girl questioned while continuing to trace the outline of her dreamcatcher with her fingers, "is it as simple as that to make everyone remember who they really are?"