𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐊

────── ★★★ ──────

"So, any sign of that crocodile?" Everly asked the prince. Naveen had been leading them through the dark forest for the last few hours and they hadn't seen any sign of the beast. The Purest Heart was beginning to grow cold and restless, wanting nothing more than to get back to her family.

"Old boy's an alligator," the raven-haired man responded without taking his eyes off the trail in front of him.

"Not much of a difference. Both will devour you if they had the chance," Katherine responded with a large grin, making a matching smile appear on Everly's face.

"So, we best not give it to them," Tiana announced without even attempting to hide the annoyance in her voice as she turned to face Naveen, "and since it is pretty clear here our prince has no idea where he is going, I think it's time that I took over the hunt."

"Well, thankfully for all of us...that won't be necessary," the prince told them after crouching down to examine something on the path in front of him, "by the looks of these marks here, someone was dragged in that direction." Naveen let out a chuckle, causing Everly and Katherine to exchange a look as the prince got to his feet. "The game is still afoot!"

"This is not a game. My people's lives are at risk," the curly-haired princess declared while glaring daggers at the man standing next to her.

"Oh, lighten up, Your Majesty. It's just something hunters say," Naveen responded, earning an annoyed look from Tiana before the former continued walking down the path.

"These two are gonna be at this all night, aren't they?" Everly said just loud enough for only Ella and Katherine to hear.

"Unless an alligator eats them," the brunette woman responded while keeping her eyes glued to her best friend.

"I'm beginning to root for that," Katherine muttered under her breath before she and Everly followed Naveen down the trail.

They didn't have to walk very far before they found Naveen crouching down next to an injured man. While Katherine called out for the allies they left behind, Everly rushed towards the men and handed her torch over to the prince. The Throne woman's eyes scanned over the large gash on the man's leg before she held her hands a foot over his injury. Her hands immediately started to glow as her magic began working on healing his leg. Only a few short moments passed when Everly realized that healing him was going to take a lot longer than a few minutes.