𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐏

────── ★★★ ──────

Everly sat next to Felix with Sam, Katherine, and Austin on the log behind them while their children ran around in the grass in front of them. Regina and Hook sat across from them as the former told them about her encounter with Drizella. As soon as she finished her story, Everly saw a look in Hook's eyes that she knew far too well. A look that made the Thorne woman's heart ache.

"This tower that you went to," the raven-haired man hesitated for a moment while staring down at the grass before his eyes moved to meet the Mills woman's gaze, "you said it was in ruins?"

"The place was completely destroyed," Regina responded as her eyes scanned over every inch of the pirate's face.

Silence surrounded them for a long moment before it was interrupted by a soft voice. Everly watched as Hook's entire body tensed then everyone turned their attention towards the voice. To all of their surprise, a young woman was standing on the other side of the clearing. They all instantly got to their feet while Hook continued to stare at the woman as if he had just seen a ghost.

"Alice?" Hook said as he continued to stare at the blonde with wide eyes before he started walking toward her, "Alice, is it really you?"

"Yes, yes, it's me," Alice responded with a smile followed by joyous laughter, "but is it really you? You...you're so young!"

"It was magic. I just..." the pirate captain hesitated for a moment then took a step away from the blonde woman, causing a frown to appear on both of their faces, "Alice, what...what happened? How did you...how did you escape the tower without me?"

"Well, it's a long story, Papa, but, well, I'm here now," Alice explained after her smile reappeared on her face before he took a step forward to hug her father, only for the man to take a step away from her.

"No, no, no. Don't," Hook told her while everyone continued to watch them with mixed emotions on their faces, "you know my heart is poisoned. You can't come near me."

"No, it's okay. I...I found a cure. I've been shielded," the blonde woman explained with hope in her eyes.

"A cure?"