𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒

────── ★★★ ──────

After trying and failing multiple times to heal the wound in the Wish Realm Killian's side, Everly helped her world's Killian move his injured doppelganger against a nearby barrel. The two pirates continued to talk amongst each other in an attempt to keep the injured one awake while the blonde woman once again attempted to fix his side. When she failed for the umpteenth time, she fell backward into a sitting position on the stone path. Frustration flowed through the girl's veins as she placed her head in her hands and tried to think of another solution to save the man.

"Hey, you need to stay awake till either Everly figures out her magic problem or Emma gets here," the raven-haired man said when his lookalike's head fell to one side, "tell me about your daughter."

That simple statement made Everly peek through her fingers to watch the identical pirates. Even though she knew that in his world her relationship with the raven-haired man was nothing close to what she had with Killian, she was curious about what this version of Captain Hook's daughter was like. What her replacement in this other world was like.

"A vengeful witch trapped her in a prison. Every day, I'd sneak in to play chess with her. But I was discovered...and punished," he explained through his labored breaths while a wave of confusion washed over Everly as she continued to listen to the tale that sounded much more like the story based on her life than her own.

"My heart was poisoned...cursed. So I can never...save her. I knew...I knew that true love was the cure. So I roamed the realms seeking it, but it was futile. Then I thought maybe Emma..." He hesitated for a moment before pulling out a small black chess piece from his coat pocket and placing it in Killian's hand, "it's her rook. She has my knight. Find her. Give that to her."

The pirate captain clenched his hand around the chess piece while staring at his injured double. Once another moment of sitting in pure silence passed, Killian grabbed Everly's wrist and pulled her away from the injured man so that the two of them could have a private conversation. Just by the look on the man's face, the Purest Heart knew exactly what he was asking of her. After letting out a sigh and rubbing her hands down the sides of her face, her blue eyes met his one last time before Everly finally opened her mouth to speak. "I tried, Killian. I really did. But my magic doesn't work the way I want it to in this realm."

"You and I both know that if it were me, you'd find a way. Find the part in him, the part that's me," he retaliated as he watched his daughter with determination in his eyes before placing his hand on her shoulder, "I know you can do it, Evie."