𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟒

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟒
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐋-𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒

────── ★★★ ──────

Guilt flowed through every inch of Roland as he followed Robin through the forest. He couldn't believe they just left Alice back there, especially knowing the entire town despised her. Even though he knew they should go back for her, the Hood boy had to push those feelings aside for now. Because he also knew it would take a lot to convince his sister to give up on her quest. Roland never realized how much this meant to her until he heard what he said to Alice in the cell. He thought that he was the only one who felt the pressure to live up to their father's legacy but now he knows he was far from wrong.

It wasn't long before night fell upon them. Silence surrounded the Hood siblings as they continued to track the villagers through the forest. A million thoughts ran through Roland's head, mainly about wanting to go home, as he followed his sister. After what felt like an eternity, they finally caught up to the villagers, who were standing in the middle of a large clearing.

"The troll is in there! I say we charge in, torches blazing!" Roland heard the villagers' leader shout as she slowed his pace. Both he and Robin soon stopped a few yards away to take in the crowd in front of them. It wasn't long after that when the blonde girl loaded her bow and fired an arrow before her brother could protest. The two of them watched as it soared through the air before knicking the leader's ear. The man reached up and touched where her arrow grazed as he turned to look at them. "How did you get out?"

"Basic pin-tumbler lock? Child's play," Robin answered, earning an eye roll from Roland that she chose to ignore, "so...do you want my help? Or do you just wanna charge in there like a bunch of losers?"

"You're just a little girl that couldn't even hit me from ten feet away," the man responded with a smirk on his face.

"Trust me, she wasn't trying to hit you," Roland told him, drawing the man's attention to him, "and I wouldn't underestimate her. You only make that mistake once."

"Yeah. Because I'm Robin Hood," the blonde girl declared, causing all emotions to fade from her brother's body as he internally cringed. Laughter immediately erupted from the crowd surrounding them. No matter what realm you lived in, you knew the story of Robin Hood. And it was obvious that the Robin standing in front of them wasn't the person from those stories.

"You're the legendary Robin Hood?" the villagers' leader questioned as his followers continued to laugh, "I thought he was a little taller."

Robin just stared at the man in front of her with disdain in her eyes, a look usually reserved for Roland during their arguments. After listening to their mockery for another moment, the blonde girl opened her mouth to speak. "He was our father. The name is my mantle now. And I'll prove it to you."