𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟕

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟕
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐄'𝐒 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐃

────── ★★★ ──────

Everly's hands faintly glowed as she walked behind Henry, Ella, and Hook with Felix right beside her. Sam, Katherine, and Austin took up the rear as they quietly walked into the dark cave in front of them. No one really knew what their end goal was, all they knew was that Henry wanted to go on an adventure. It didn't take long after that for the Mills man to round up the perfect group to join him.

Night had fallen when they finally reached the cave that Henry was telling them about. Everyone just stared at the large entrance in silence before a large smile appeared on the Mills man's face. "This is it, just ahead. The cave of the Golden Dragon."

"By the size of those claw marks, I'd say he's well-fed on heroes," Hook announced as his eyes scanned over the walls after they entered the cave.

The group suddenly stopped to look over the markings that the pirate captain was talking about. It wasn't long after that when Everly's attention fell back on Henry. "Are you sure you wanna do this?"

"You kidding?" the Mills man responded with the smile still plastered onto his face before he looked back at the path in front of them, "I've wanted to do this since I was ten years old. You ready?"

"One last thing for good luck," Ella announced before placing a gentle kiss on Henry's lips.

"I don't need luck," Henry retaliated as the smile on his face grew while looking in the direction they were about to go, "slaying dragons is what my family does best. Now come on. We're so close, I can hear it breathing."

Everly couldn't help but exchange an uncertain look with Felix, Sam, Katherine, and Austin before they followed their allies further into the cave. All that could be heard other than their light footsteps was the sound of the dragon's snores. They grew louder and louder as they got closer to the center of the cave. The thought of facing a dragon sent a sudden wave of fear through Everly's body, making her hands glow even brighter. It wasn't much longer after that when they finally reached their destination.

Confusion replaced the fear within Everly when all they were greeted by was piles of gold and other treasures. After her eyes scanned over her surroundings once again, her attention finally landed on a man sound asleep with his back against a large chest.

Everyone just stared down at the man, not sure of what to make of the scene in front of them. That lasted for a moment longer before Henry poked the man with the tip of his sword and broke the silence surrounding them. "Hey! Hey, who are you?"