𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐑

On the other side of town, Jasper walked into an abandoned-looking warehouse where his mother told him to meet her. His eyes scanned over the dark room before they landed on a well in the center. The confusion within him doubled as he tried to figure out why a well would be in a warehouse. It wasn't long after that when he heard a pair of familiar voices, causing him to walk closer to it. Shocked replaced the confusion that was once flowing through him as he stared down at his mother and sister at the bottom of the well.

The two women continued arguing, completely unaware of Jasper staring down at them from above. It wasn't until he cleared his throat that their bickering stopped and their attention landed on him.

"Oh, hello, Thorne," Lady Tremaine greeted with a large smile before she looked back over at Drizella, "happy to see one of my children can still follow directions."

"What're you doing down there?" Jasper questioned, completely unaware of the anger forming in his sister's eyes.

"Does it matter?" Drizella hissed while glaring daggers at her brother, "just find a way to get us out of here."

The Tremaine boy simply rolled his eyes at his sister before his attention landed on the rope hanging in the air in front of him. After following it with his eyes, Jasper found a crane that would lower it into the well. A small smile formed on his face as he walked over to it before wrapping his hands around the handle and turning the crank. As soon as the crane went no further, Jasper made his way back to the well to find his mother and sister using the rope to climb up.

Jasper stood to the side to allow his family to climb out of the well before he watched them dust themselves off. Just as he was about to ask again how they ended up down there, Drizella turned to leave, only for Lady Tremaine to grab her arm to stop her from moving any further. The Tremaine woman just stared at her mother's hand wrapped around her wrist before her eyes traveled up to meet the woman's gaze.

"I know we haven't always seen eye to eye. None of us have," Lady Tremaine stated as she looked between her two children before her attention landed back on Drizella, "but we accomplish great things when we're aligned. Which is why I think we should end this petty feud."

While the mother and daughter shared small smiles, Jasper stared at both of them like they just grew second heads. That lasted for another moment before the Tremaine boy found it within himself to ask the question that was bouncing around in his head. "What're you talking about?"