𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟔

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟔
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐏𝐄𝐍

────── ★★★ ──────

Everly stayed beside Felix as they read through as many books as they could, both desperate to save their family before it was too late. Beside them, Pan was sitting in an armchair slowly flipping through the pages and scanning over the words. Even though the Thorne woman was the one who said they needed to give him a chance, she kept a careful eye on him. If this Pan was anything like the one she knew in their realm, he was a master of trickery. But once again there was something inside her telling her to trust him, and it was driving her crazy.

On the other side of the room, Sam stood next to Katherine as they read through the scrolls laid out in front of them. After years of living with the Dark One, the Jones woman learned that Rumplestiltskin sometimes hid the most important information in the scrolls. He always thought that people would more likely look through the books for his secrets than the scrolls. But to Katherine's dismay, she still couldn't find anything useful to help them.

What felt like an eternity passed when a loud slam cut through the silence surrounding them. They all instantly turned their attention toward a very frustrated-looking Henry. A wave of sadness washed over Everly as she stared at her nephew, knowing exactly how he was feeling at that moment. But just as she was about to attempt to comfort him, she watched as his attention moved to the quill sitting in front of him. Henry stared at the object for a long moment before carefully picking it up and holding it closer to his face. He inspected every inch of it as a look that was very familiar to Everly appeared on his face.

"I think I just figured out a way to save our family," Henry announced as he turned around to meet everyone's gazes, "without handing over the dagger."

"Well, that's great news. What do we need to do?" Sam asked after rolling up the scroll in his hands and placing it on the desk in front of him.

"There's no time. I have to go," the Mills man declared while getting to his feet and heading toward the door.

"Yeah, of course. We're coming with you," the pirate captain responded, only for an irritated look to form in Henry's eyes.

"No, I can do this on my own."

"But you don't have to, Hen," Katherine retaliated, drawing the brunette man's attention toward her while Hook continued to stand in front of him.

"You're not doing this alone," the Jones man announced as he turned his back toward the Mills man and headed toward the door.

Everyone else was about to follow the pirate captain when Everly noticed Henry grab something off the desk. Before she had a chance to comprehend what was happening, the Mills man slammed a candlestick against the back of Hook's head. The impact instantly knocked him unconscious and sent him tumbling to the ground. The two couples just stared at the pirate on the floor for a moment before turning their attention toward Henry, who was staring back at them with determination in his eyes.