𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑

────── ★★★ ──────

After ending their very long overdue moment, Everly and Felix raced back to the latter's car and began their journey back to the Thorne woman's apartment. The blonde man drove through the streets of Hyperion Heights with one hand on the steering wheel and the other tightly wrapped around his wife's hand. Felix couldn't help but glance over at Everly every now and again to take in all her features. He missed the dimples that formed when she smiled and her contagious laugh. He missed the way her hand fit perfectly in his and her eyes always had a hint of mischief in them. Felix just missed her and he was determined to make up for their year apart.

It wasn't long before they finally reached their destination and parked the car right outside Everly's building. Neither of them hesitated to inside and up the stairs toward the Purest Heart's apartment. They swung the door open to see all of their children sitting on the couch watching TV with pizza in their hands. As soon as they realized their parents were in the room, all four of them turned their attention toward the couple, only to find Felix staring back at his two children he hadn't spent time with in a year with tears in his eyes.

"Roland? Cassie?" was all that came out of the Thorne man's mouth, causing the two children in question's eyes to widen. Roland and Cassie instantly jumped to their feet and sprinted toward their father. Everly watched their reunion with a smile on her face before Felix looked over at his two kids still sitting on the couch.  "What are you two still sitting for? Get over here?"

Smiles formed on Fletcher and Dawn's faces as they stood up and rushed to join the family group hug. It wasn't long after that when Felix grabbed his wife's wrist and pulled her over to join. Everly instantly wrapped her arms around her husband and children as a wave of relief washed over her. The year of them not remembering her was over and she finally felt true happiness. All she needed now was to wake up the rest of her family and defeat Drizella.

Their moment was soon interrupted by Everly's phone ringing. At first, the family chose to ignore it and continued to celebrate them being together again. But then the Thorne girl started receiving text messages at an alarmingly fast rate. All of them turned their attention toward the Purest Heart as she pulled out her phone and read through the messages, only for her smile to fade. Her eyes scanned over the texts one last time before Everly looked up to meet the curious eyes of her family.

"Lucy's...Lucy's in the hospital."

────── ★★★ ──────