𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐓

────── ★★★ ──────

Saturday had finally arrived and all Everly could think about was seeing Felix later that day. The two of them arranged to meet at a restaurant downtown and then take a walk around the pier when they were finished. It all sounded perfect and made the Thorne woman the happiest she'd been in a very long time. She was just hoping nothing came up to ruin everything for her.

Cassie sat on her mother's bed as she watched Everly get ready while Roland was in the kitchen trying to figure out what to make for dinner for himself, Cassie, and the twins, who were staying with them while Everly and Felix were out. Ever since she was awoken from the Curse, the Thorne girl never saw her mother smile a real smile. The blonde girl knew Everly deserved this moment and so much more and she was so happy that her mother was finally getting it. After watching the Purest Heart put her hair into a braid, Cassie's attention landed on the small box sitting on the nightstand. Her curiosity got the better of her as she reached over and grabbed the small object. The Thorne girl slowly opened the box before a small smile appeared on her face when she saw the item inside.

"How long have you had this for?" Cassie asked as she tore her eyes away from her father's bracelet to look over at her mother.

When Everly's attention fell on the piece of jewelry in her daughter's hand, her smile instantly faltered. She then set the brush down on the dresser before walking across the room and sitting down next to Cassie. The Thorne woman carefully took Felix's bracelet into her hand as the smile slowly returned to her face.

"I've had it since the night your memories returned," Everly responded without taking her eyes off the object in her possession.

"Why haven't you given it to him yet?"

The Purest Heart hesitated for a moment before finally looking up to meet her daughter's gaze. "Because I'm afraid. I'm afraid that I'll give it to him and nothing will change. Then I'll just be some crazy person who gave jewelry as a gift on a first date."

"But isn't it worth a try?" Cassie responded while her mother did her best to keep her emotions at bay, "I mean, Fletcher and Dawn woke up because of their necklaces."

"I just don't want to be disappointed...again," the Throne woman confessed before her eyes landed on her bracelet. The memory of the day Felix gave it to her instantly filled her head. The small smile soon returned to her face as she looked back up at her daughter. "But you're probably right. It is worth a try."