𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟖

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟖
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐄

────── ★★★ ──────

"Please tell me you found something," Hook said as they walked into the large dining room in the Dark One's castle.

"We may be in luck," Rumplestiltskin announced as he walked across the room toward his spinning wheel. Everyone watched with curiosity in their eyes as he unscrewed the decorative knob to reveal a small vile. "As I did, this Dark One hid some magic for a rainy day."

No one said a word as Rumplestiltskin removed the cork before sprinkling the magic on his hand. It soon began to brightly glow as a small smirk formed on his lips. The powerful man just stared at his hand until it stopped glowing and returned to normal. It wasn't long after that when Rumplestiltskin opened his mouth to continue speaking. "All I have to do now is get close enough to that Crocodile to rip his heart out. And this whole thing will be over."

"Too late, dearie," a new voice called out, drawing everyone's attention toward the other side of the room to find the Wish Realm version of Rumplestiltskin staring back at them, "already have it. An Author with a darkened heart."

It wasn't long after that when the room began to shake. The smirk on the Dark One's face did nothing but grow as he waved his hands through the air. That caused the books on the table to flip open and dark portals to open up behind them. Roland had to quickly grab Robin and pull her away from her portal to avoid being taken away from him. Everyone had to cling to the large table in the middle of the room to avoid being sucked into their worst fears. Everyone except for Everly, who was unaffected by the spell. Instead, she was keeping her feet firmly planted to the ground while making sure Felix and Cassie weren't taken from her.

Everly's hands were wrapped tightly around their wrists while their other hands were holding onto the table. Screams were the only thing that could be heard over the strong winds, but the Thorne woman simply ignored them. All she could do was focus on not losing her husband and daughter. While her energy was being used to protect Felix and Cassie, Everly couldn't help but think about the rest of her family. They were smart enough to keep the books away from Fletcher, Dawn and Lucy, knowing it would be harder for them to get sucked in. But what about Sam, Katherine, and Austin? And Marci, Will, Jasper, and Lucas? Where they safe?

That lasted for what felt like an eternity before the portals disappeared as quickly as they came. The Wish Realm Rumplestiltskin looked around in confusion while relief flowed through everyone's veins. It wasn't long after that when a loud thump echoed through the room, drawing everyone's attention toward Hook. Shock replaced the relief Everly once felt as she stared at the pirate captain lying lifeless on the floor.