twenty-seven

Party Playlist:

CJ - Whoopty

BBY KODIE - Milkshake

Pop Smoke - Creature (ft. Swae Lee)

Sheck Wes - Mo Bama

Travis Scott - SICKO MODE

Lil Yachty - NBAYOUNGBOAT (ft. YoungBoy Never Broke Again)

Chief Keef - Fanteo

Wake Flocka Flame - Grove St. Party (Kebo Gotti)

*draco's p.o.v.*

"Malfoy!", Goyle slurred. "Remember when we threw worms at the back of Granger's head?", he asked throwing his arm around my shoulder. This fucker smells like ass.

"Yes...", I said taking his arm off of me. "I do"

"Or turning her rat teeth into big ass planks", Crabbe laughed.

"Yeah... I gotta go refill my drink", I said walking away from the both of them. I don't know how I managed to keep up with Crabbe and Goyle for more than seven years.

I walked over to Blaise's bar and poured my self some vodka and mixed it with an energy drink, Ivy's specialty. I looked around the party to see if she's arrived yet but no sight of her. Theo was sitting on the couch smoking a blunt, alone. If Ivy isn't with him then she probably hasn't arrived, although, I noticed that they've been on the outs since the house party. Did they break up? Is this my chance?

Right as I was about to walk over to Theo, I saw Ivy apparating into Blaise's foyer with Pansy, Daphne, and Tracey. I watched as she ran to the bar, holding Pansy's hand and pouring herself a drink. Her smile lit up the dark smoky room, brighter than the flashing lights and laser beams. I started to walk towards her but she ran straight to the couch and sat down next to Theo. I guess they're still together.

I walked over to the couch and sat down in the one across from Theo and Ivy, with Pansy and Blaise sitting next to me. I took out my bag of cocaine and my card before setting up my lines on Blaise's coffee table.

"Can I get a bump?", Blaise asked as I did my line.

"Sure", I said glancing up at Ivy who was sitting withe her hands in between her thighs. Blaise switched spots with Pansy and leaned over the glass coffee table.

Theo threw his arm around Ivy and she reluctantly leaned into him, chugging the drink in her cup until nothing is left. She placed her cup on the table and took out a cigarette from the pocket of her jeans and lit it with a black light. The last time she smoked a cigarette was when we were at the Hufflepuff Valentine's Day party together. When we slow danced in isolation and kissed under the pink frilly decorations. Her soft plush lips touching mine.

Ivy got up from the couch and held Theo's hand, taking him away from Pansy, Blaise, and I, making me do two more lines of coke just to forget the fact that she's taking Nott away to a secret hook up.

"Why the long face, Malfoy?", asked Blaise.

"Is it Ivy?", Pansy slurred.

"Pfft. I don't know what you're talking about", I said taking a sip of my drink.

"Draco, I hate to admit it but I spent the past seven years analyzing you and I know what it looks like when you're completely head over heels over someone. My sister and I also talk"

"Seriously, mate. It's so obvious that you like Ivy. Why don't you go on and tell her?", Blaise asked, pointing into the crowd of people.

"Because she's with Nott"

"Draco Malfoy", Pansy said stomping her feet and setting her drink on the table. "Get your ass up and go tell my sister you love her. She's been waiting for you since we were eleven. Don't let her get away"

"But she's off probably shagging Nott", I said leaning back into the couch, crossing my arms.

"No she's not. Ivy told me she's breaking up with Theo and didn't want to do it over owl. I'm sure they're just alone talking"

"Stop pouting and go get your girl, mate", Blaise said punching my arm.

"Alright, alright. I'll go talk to Ivy"

"Yay!", Pansy shouted, bouncing up and down on the couch.

I reached for my drink and finished it before getting up from the couch and walking through the crowd of recent graduates, looking for Ivy. The sweaty bodies and flailing arms blocked my view until I saw Theo and Ivy arguing in the drawing room. I can see Ivy throwing her arms up in the air as Theo pointed his finger in her face. She smacked his hand out of her face and shoved against the wall before storming out of the room. I chased after her but she held her hand up to my face, running into the bathroom and locking herself in. I followed her to the bathroom and heard her cries through the door. I can't talk to her now, she's crying.

"Draco Malfoy!", a voice shouted. I turned around and saw Millicent Bulstrode stumbling to get to me. "How the bloody hell are you?"

"Not now, Bulstrode"

"Wanna dance?", she slurred.

"No", I said sternly.

"Come on, Malfoy. Get that mug off your face and have some fun. It's a party"

"I'm not dancing with you"

"I've had a crush on you since first year", she said resting her head on my shoulder. "You and your charming stare"

"Get off of me"

"You're no fun", she pouted and then walked back to the rest of the party.

The door to the bathroom then swung open and a red eyed Ivy was standing behind it. Her lips quivered as she looked at me and she looked up at the ceiling to keep herself from crying more. I stepped through the door frame and wrapped my arms around her waist. She dug her face into my chest and wrapped her arms around me, crying. I walked further into the bathroom and shut the door behind me.

"He's not worth it, Ivy", I said running my hand through her soft black hair. "He doesn't deserve you"

"I don't want to cry anymore", she sniffled, lifting her head from my chest. "I just want to get this over with. Cotillion and the dinner"

"Well, we are at a party", I said wiping her tears with my thumb. "Let's go get you a drink and have the time of our lives while we still can"

"Okay", she said forcing a smile.

I grabbed Ivy's hand and walked out to the bar, pouring her an energy drink and three shots of vodka. She needs it. Within seconds, Ivy gulped her drink and began to pour herself another one. I stood by and watched her go through three cups full of her mixed drink while I was still working on mine. After finishing her drink, she threw her cup on the ground and wiped her mouth with her wrist. She grabbed my hand and ran to the crowd of people, dancing.

"Come on, Malfoy. Don't just stand there, dance", Ivy commanded as she jumped around to the heavy bass.

"I don't really... dance"

"This isn't cotillion. Just jump around"

Ivy grabbed my hand and jumped around with a smile on her face. The flashing lights hit her glowy skin as she bobbed her head and bounced. After everything she's gone through with me, she's still here, dancing around and having fun. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe Ivy will love me through it all.