1: "hi, ev'ryone. i'll be in yer care from now on."

.

.

•| "hi, ev'ryone. i'll be in yer care from now on." |•

Some people fall for others due to some stupid reasons.

One of these reasons would be someone's smile.

And Nishinoya Yuu found that he was exactly like those people who fall for someone because of one random smile thrown his way.

Iwata June appeared in his life right after they lost against Seijoh in Inter High. When Coach Ukai had them eat at a family restaurant for the night, he popped up out of nowhere while he was busy inhaling back his snot (gross). They just lost, what was he supposed to do?

Jump around and celebrate?

Heck no.

Still, that was his first impression to Iwata June who stared blankly at the entire team. When his gaze fell on him, Noya felt a sudden jolt of electricity, as if he was grounded when he tried to turn of the lights. The hair on the back of his neck stood on ends when he became the subject of those enchanting eyes.

Wow, he found himself thinking all of a sudden. His eyes are really red. Like cherries! And when Iwata June sent a smile his way, which was only for a fraction of a second mind you, it was like that looming pressure that came from their loss lessened.

"Koushi, my ma had me give this to ya."

Oh shit.

"A... Ah, you could have waited for me back at home, you know."

"I was watchin' yer match an'way so I decided t'walk home with ya."

Why...

"Y-You saw us, huh?"

"... t'was an amazin' game. Ya can hold yer head higher than that."

Even if those words weren't directly said to everyone in the team, it still brought about another round of sobs (except for Tsukishima, that salty dinosaur was always an exception).

... did he have to appear?

After that, Noya hadn't really seen Iwata June anymore for about a week. In the beginning, he didn't care much for him. Sure, he had said words that lifted everyone's spirits in their time of loss but that was it. He was just a character who appeared to let the story move along.

Yet Noya's thoughts were proven wrong when one Monday morning during practice, Iwata June appeared yet again before them. However, instead of casual clothes; this time, he was clad in the school's iconic black gakuran that Noya loved.

"Hi, ev'ryone. I'll be in yer care from now on." Those words were said accompanied by a lazy wave, his demeanor reminding Noya of a tortoise who moved in a lethargic way. Iwata June's shoulders were hunched forwards, there was no sense of tension at all coming from him.