15: When Noya cries...

.

.

When Noya cries...

An awkward silence permeated in the bus. It was obvious that it was between a pair of liberos. Koushi nudged his cousin on the side, getting a grunt in response. "What?" The tall libero whispered under his breath, trying not to make everything even more awkward. "What happened between you and Noya?"

June furrowed his eyebrows, wondering if it was a good idea to tell his cousin. He actually planned on asking Kita on what to do- his former teammate always knew how to solve all kinds of problems. However, he really wanted to get rid of this awkwardness between him and Noya as soon as possible and so, June ended up confiding in his cousin.

"Noya kinda confessed tah me earlier."

"..." Koushi gaped in disbelief before he grabbed his cousin by the shoulders and began shaking him violently. "Then why are you not talking to each other, you dumbass?!" The setter whispered-yelled at his dumbass of a cousin.

"K-Koushi, stop shakin' me!" June whispered-yelled back, grabbing his cousin's wrists in an attempt to stop him. Who know where Koushi got his strength from but June failed from his mission. What kinda strength is this, ya murderer?!

After another minute of violent shaking, Koushi stopped at last and eyed his green-faced cousin with a critical stare. June, seeing this, sighed and scratched the back of his head. "Noya kinda left me hangin' right after it so I plan tah talk tah 'im before we go home."

"Huh?" Koushi blinked in surprise. "Noya ran away?" He whispered in disbelief.

"He probably didn't mean tah confess. I mean, he marched up towards me when I was talkin' tah Johzenji's capt'n."

"..." A look of disgust appeared on Koushi's face which made June flick his cousin on the forehead. "Quit it with that look. I was turnin' 'im down when he invited me out for a date." A sigh of relief escaped Koushi, glad that his cousin wasn't some sort of scum.

Soon, the bus arrived back at Karasuno and Noya was the first one to rush out of the vehicle. June had seen this from the back and he couldn't help but feel a little disheartened by that reaction. Fortunately, there was Koushi to pat his back in an attempt to encourage him.

June remained outside the gym, waiting for a chance to get Noya alone. As soon as he heard the doors slide open, June perked up and watched as the team left one by one. Koushi waved at him and jabbed his thumb behind him and June nodded in thanks. Ones of the last one out were Noya and Tanaka.

"Noya!" When he called out, Noya stiffened and... sprinted away. Tanaka and June gaped at his slowly disappearing figure before June snapped out of it and ran after him. Man, if 'Tsumu ever gets wind of this, he'd never let me live it down! It didn't take him long to catch up, actually.