8: Noya can't get his senpai out of his head

.

.

Noya can't get his senpai out of his head.

Training camp had ended and Noya, much to his dismay, found himself avoiding his crush after that embarrassing night. Just why did he assume that his beloved, sweet, and innocent Iwata June-senpai was that kind of person?!

Unbeknownst to Noya, Iwata wasn't really innocent as he believed him to be.

But that was besides the point.

What should he do now? How should he face his crush at school and at practice? The libero just wanted to dig a six-feet deep hole and hide down there forever. After being teased by Kuroo from Nekoma after that night, Noya couldn't even look at Iwata-senpai June for a second without his mind going into the gutters.

He blamed Kuroo for everything! That sly guy kept teasing him whenever Iwata June-senpai was out of hearing range and as any normal healthy teenage boys, Noya wasn't free from thinking dirty things about their crush. Now, whenever they change into training clothes at the gym back at the camp, Noya would make sure that Iwata was not in sight.

Hell, he made sure that he couldn't hear his crush after games because dammit, Noya's mind keeps going into embarrassing things whenever he hears Iwata panting. Holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit- Noya really hated Kuroo for all the teasing he did.

Even now, as he sat at home in his bathtub, Noya could still imagine Iwata changing clothes, sending him that smile that made Noya fall in love in the first place. Then, Iwata-senpai would wave at him, telling him to go over with that cute accent- or was it dialect?- of his and Noya's ears would instantly turn red.

He could even hear Iwata-senpai saying his name even though he wasn't present.

"GAH!" Noya slapped the surface of the water with an aggravated shout, cursing the heavens why they had to torment him like this.

Noya!

Suddenly, his entire face flushed and let out a frightened screech when his phone rang out of the blue. Scrambling to pick it up, he didn't manage to read who the caller was in his rush. "Hello?"

"Hey, Noya," the libero's breath hitched to a stop. "Koushi asked if ya'll free t'morrow? He said somethin' 'bout studyin' t'gether. Ya up for it?"

Shit, Suga-san, you're my angel!

"I'm free, Iwata-senpai! I'll definitely be there!"

"Oh, then-"

"I'll see you tomorrow, senpai!"

"Wait, Noya-"

"Goodnight!"

And he ended the call, not once letting the other side finish what he wanted to say. Noya was too thrilled by the prospect of spending time together with his crush even if it wasn't just the two of them. Rejuvenated, Noya took a quick shower and wrapped a towel around his waist, not even bothering to wipe his still dripping hair.

"JII-CHANNNNNN!"

"WHAT IS IT, YUU?!"

"I NEED YOUR HELP WITH SOMETHING!"

.

.

Meanwhile, June gave his phone a bewildered glance, not expecting his kouhai to end the call just like that. As he walked back inside the house, there was an unmistakable skip in his steps as he hummed a happy tune under his breath.

Koushi, who was putting his dishes at the sink, saw his cousin's happy mood before he snickered, catching his mother's attention. "What are you laughing about, Koushi?"

"Pfft- June has a crush on someone but he won't admit it."

"Oh?! Who's the lucky guy?"

"Our kouhai. You've seen him before, Nishinoya."

"Oh! That wild little guy! No wonder June-chan has a crush on him."

The pair of mother and son shared a look of mischief before they laughed together, earning them a confused look from June who had finally noticed them. "Koushi? Auntie? What're ya guys whisperin' o'er there?"

"Oh, nothing, June-chan." Mother Suga smiled before giggling yet again, causing June to furrow his eyebrows at them.

Mother Suga and Koushi ushered June into the kitchen since it was his turn to wash the dishes. The pair shared another knowing glance before a plan hatched into action at that moment.

Noya was the first person June met that fit his type and Koushi would be damned if he didn't manage to get his kouhai and cousin together before graduation.

.

.

Iwata June's Type: Short guys with a wild personality!

.

.

and I've updated! Yay! 🎉

and I will shamelessly plug-in my fanfic for kimetsu no yaiba titled 「timeless affection」which is a bl Zenitsu fanfic! please check it out and tell me what you think about it!

♥️