18: When June gets attention...

.

.

When June gets attention...

Yuu and June got back to the bleachers a few points in between Dateko and Aobajohsai. Of course, everyone was staring at them, trying to see if something happened. After all, Yuu appeared brighter than when June cheered him on earlier in the match against Wakunan.

June took his seat beside Koushi and Yuu took the one beside Tanaka, which was directly in front of the tall libero. The red-eyed youth whistled under his breath when he noticed Dateko's setter. "Neat. They have a giant as their setter." This made Koushi raise an eyebrow.

"You're a giant libero yourself."

"Shush, just keep watchin'."

The motherly setter rolled his eyes. This cousin of his keeps getting sassier by the day. "I'll show kaa-san-" Koushi smiled and paused after getting a glare from his cousin, pretending as if he said nothing at all.

In the end, the match between Dateko and Aobajohsai ended in the latter's victory.

After break time, Karasuno left the bleachers to enter the court. Each of them oozed with nothing but determination. June had heard from his cousin about their defeat against Aobajohsai in the Inter High and how it had made them depressed for a period of time.

June eyed his little libero, eyes burning with resolution. Before Yuu entered the court, June patted the other on the head. "I know y'all do great, Yuu. Protect everyone's back until we win the ticket to nationals." Yuu grinned and hugged him around the waist. "I definitely won't disappoint you!"

Waving each other goodbye, June cracked his neck to relieve the stress and soreness. Although he really liked looking down at Yuu because seeing the other look up was utterly cute, it made his neck sore and stiff. Crouching down to his height would have elicited Yuu's frustration so June resigned to his fate.

Ya got what ya got because ya like short people, dumbass.

On his way back to the bleachers, June bumped into a pretty tall yet still shorter than him brunet. "Iwata June, right?" A pretty smile spread through the stranger's lips and June furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. He didn't really know who this person was. "Yah? Can I do somethin' for ya?"

All of a sudden, a marker and a notebook was shoved to his face. "May I have your autograph?!" The brunet gave him an excited look and June wondered since when did he become famous that even people from other prefectures knew him?

Unbeknownst to him, it was because of Atsumu gloating about him during an interview back in Inter High and how he boasted that they used to have the most awesome libero on their team. Used to, anyway. If that setter wasn't so afraid of destroying his image in an interview, he would have cried when he said that.

Thus, Oikawa Tooru, the setter of Aobajohsai, got a little curious. He found clips and full videos of Iwata June on the internet, starting from his time as a first year in Dōshō up until his second year in Inarizaki.