14: When Noya is jealous

.

.

When Noya is jealous.

June rushed through the halls of the gymnasium, searching for the court where Noya and the others would be playing in later. "Damn, shoulda had Koushi pick me up." The red-eyed youth scratched the back of his head as he read the signs. Er, was it left or nah? The confused teen had already attracted quite the attention.

With his tall stature that towered over almost everyone and red eyes that seemed to suck them in, numerous girls and even a handful of guys talked amongst themselves. Their common topic was none other than Iwata June, whose troubled expression shot metaphorical arrows right through their hearts.

"So, who's going to get his number?"

"You do it."

"What? No way! I'd be too nervous to say anything."

June frowned and opened up his phone again, wondering if he should call his cousin. He might be disturbing him, after all. "Excuse me," the libero, who was in the middle of dialing Koushi's number, paused. In front of him was a teen who almost reached the height of his bottom lip, had blond hair, and pierced ears.

When he talked, June was sure that his tongue was pierced, too. "May I have your number?" That straightforward and beaming attitude of the other startled June. Most of the time, people would be too nervous to even utter a single word in front of him when trying to get his number.

Sometimes, there were also people who were a little too shameless that he ended up brushing them off. However, the one in front of him was so casual and polite that June responded with a while. Although he knew that the other was flirting with him, it wouldn't hurt to have a new friend. After all, June already had someone he liked.

"Sure, why not? Ya seem cool." The blond beamed even brighter at that as they exchanged numbers. "I'm Terushima Yuuji, by the way."

"Nice tah meet'cha, Terushima-san. The name's Iwata June."

"I'll text you later, Iwata-san! I got a match in a few minutes!"

As Terushima left, June scratched his cheek in sheepishness when he realized what school his new acquaintance was from. I made a friend... from the opposin' team... Koushi'll murder me. "Iwata-senpai!" June glanced up and saw Noya jogging towards him.

"Noya!"

"Suga-san told me to pick you up!"

A blush of embarrassment spread across his cheeks. I dunno if I shoulda thank 'im or run away from Koushi now. "R... Right. Thanks for pickin' me up, Noya."

Feeling giddy, Noya skipped as he lead June to the bleachers overseeing the court they'll be playing in. "Watch me protect everyone's back, senpai!" An almost childish grin appeared on the little libero's face, causing a chuckle out of June.

"I know, Noya. I'm proud yah use what I taught ya into play."

Hearing that, Noya felt his heart tremble from happiness. HE SAID HE'S PROUD OF ME!

"Oh," a voice from down the court caught June's and the entire Karasuno Team's attention. "Iwata-san, you'll be watching me?" Down at the court, Terushima gave June a toothy grin while waving. June, of course, felt a bead of sweat roll down his cheek.

"Nah, sorry tah burst yer bubble. I'm rootin' for the crows."

"Aww, at least you'll still be watching! I'll be sure to impress you!"

Noya froze, seeing someone who seemed to be... flirting with his crush. Huh..? HUH?! WHAT IS THIS? WHY IS THAT GUY FLIRTING WITH IWATA-SENPAI?!

.

.

When Noya confesses out of jealousy.

After winning the match against Johzenji, Noya had gone after June who went to the restroom. He saw him standing right in front of the restroom entrance talking with that person from Johzenji. Feeling his heart twist and stomach churn, Noya shamelessly pulled June by the hand, startling the other libero.

"N-Noya? What's-"

"He's mine!"

"..." - insert a wide-eyed Terushima.

"..." - insert a madly blushing June whose brain shortcircuit-ed.

"..." - insert Noya glaring before his expression morphed into a blank one and then into one of embarrassment.

.

.

*laughs like a villain*