32: When the Miya Twins meet Yuu...

.

.

When the Miya Twins meet Yuu...

Since Daichi said it was okay to walk around, June asked Yuu if it was alright for him to meet his former teammates. "They're actually yer next opponents," June mentioned when he noticed Yuu thinking about it. "Inarizaki was mah former school." Yuu seemed to have been surprised before he gaped at the other.

"You played at a powerhouse school?!"

June scratched the back of his head in a rather sheepish manner. "I'll not say it's a powerhouse but we got a good lineup when I turned into a second year. We got into the nationals when I was a first year by sheer luck but two lil' imps arrived that helped balance the team. Why not take a good look at yer upcoming opponents?"

With that, Yuu didn't even hesitate as he agreed. June whipped out his phone to send Kita a text to meet up at the food aisle in the Tokyo Metropolitan Gym. It didn't actually take Inarizaki long to arrive and the first thing June did when he saw them was give Kita a look.

The captain, who noticed this, nodded and grabbed the back of the twins' jackets before they could pounce on June.

"Iwata-senpai!"

At the side, Yuu narrowed his eyes at them, furrowing his eyebrows when the libero got completely disregarded by the two. To him, it was obvious that they idolized June by a whole lot which made Yuu a little bitter. However, that feeling was washed away in a blink of an eye when June reached down to grab his hand.

By then, Yuu didn't care if there were two pests trying to get a hug from his significant other.

Atsumu and Osamu stopped struggling in Kita's hold once they realized that their captain wouldn't let them do anything other than talk. The twins shared a look before Osamu passed the three-tiered bento box to his twin, who was closer to June. The setter proudly presented said bento box to their senpai.

"Look'it, Iwata-senpai, 'Samu gave his all tah make this for ya! Ya feel touched, right? 'Fter all, ya like 'Samu's cooking the best!" Atsumu puffed his chest out while Osamu 'shyly' glanced down before the twins shot a taunting smirk towards Yuu's direction. Atsumu was on the verge of saying the last blow.

Of course, Yuu being Yuu felt a nerve pop on his forehead when he saw those identical provoking expressions marring the twins' faces. Yuu was about to march up right to them but June tightened his hold around the other's hand, snapping Yuu  from commiting a murder spree.

"'S'fine, I 'lready ate."

"..." - insert the twins turning into stone once it dawned upon them that Project Lure Iwata-senpai With Food failed rather spectacularly.

Yuu humphed in triumph and silently stuck his tongue out to mock the twins for their failure.

"So, Kita, Ojiro, Ugly No. 1, Ugly No. 2—" When June said the last two, he pointed at Atsumu first and then at Osamu. "— this's Nishinoya Yuu; mah boyfriend." Although not everyone from Inarizaki was there, the four of them were enough. At least Suna wasn't present. That little fox would try to catch an embarrassing and blackmail-worthy photo if given the chance.

The word 'boyfriend' became a metaphorical arrow and pierced right through the twins who despaired the fact that their precious senpai was officially stolen from them. Meanwhile, Ojiro and Kita had a more normal response and congratulated the two, even greeting Yuu who was a bit startled.

"I'm Kita Shinsuke. I'm Iwata-kun's former classmate 'nd teammate. It's a pleasure tah meet ya, Nishinoya-san."

"Ojiro Aran 'n' I'm Iwata's former teammate as well. Please take care of this too nice of an idiot, Nishinoya-san."

June glared at Ojiro for that but Yuu ended up nodding in agreement, leaving the red-eyed youth speechless. "Of course, Ojiro-san! I'll definitely take care of June!"

"No, I mean it," a serious look overcame the foreign-looking player. "Iwata was scammed before so ya gotta make sure ya keep an eye on 'im."

"Ojiro, ya asshole! Ya promised ya wouldn't say a single word 'bout that!" Almost instantly, the usually cool and calm Iwata June tried to tackle Ojiro but Kita grabbed the back of June's coat to prevent him from assaulting the other. Atsumu obnoxiously laughed at them while Osamu let out a a silent pfft.

Yuu stared in awe, never really having witnessed this side of June before.

But he rather liked it, especially when June's face was flushed due to anger and embarrassment.

"Iwata-kun, we still need 'im for tomorrow's match. Ya can kill each other right after." Kita's magic words worked and it stopped June from commiting homicide on the spot. With mostly June, Kita, and Ojiro talking, the twins and Yuu ended up having a glare showdown where the other three wouldn't be able to notice them.

Soon, the time to leave had arrived. June turned around after saying his brief farewells but didn't move from his spot, which confused his former teammates. "Kita, Ojiro, 'Tsumu, 'Samu, I'm lookin' forward tah see how much you've all grown." With that, he left, not seeing the touched faces of his friends... and the teary twins who wanted to go with him but were held back by Kita and Ojiro.

Yuu had slipped his hand in June's and the libero stared up at the other with a curious look. "Say, June," he received a hum in response. "Why did you leave Inarizaki? I'm not saying I'm not happy to have you here with me but I'm kind of curious."

"'S'not anythin' grand. Mah parents went travelin' 'n' dumped me at Koushi's."

"..." - insert Yuu's jaw dropping in disbelief before he closed his mouth, his thoughts racing. When he made a decision, Yuu tugged on June's arm making the latter look down at him.

"Let's travel the world together, too!"

A flash of surprise appeared in June's eyes before he chuckled.

"'Lright. What Yuu wants, I'll deliver."

... Yuu wins the confrontation.

.

.

Miya Twins: 0Yuu: 2

Miya Twins: 0
Yuu: 2

It's a double kill!

June: *looks down at the murderer with a bored look

June: *looks down at the murderer with a bored look... which is mistaken for a murderous one*