29: When June shows Yuu off...

.

.

When June shows Yuu off...

"S... Senpai?"

Motoya asked with a tone of disbelief as soon as the Niiyama girl left with another person who seemed to be wearing the same uniform as June's... boyfriend. Why had he never heard of this?! The brunet internally cried and regretted the fact that he didn't buy any congratulatory gift for the older libero.

On the other hand, Kiyoomi grunted, arms close to his side and his hands pocketed in an attempt to avoid touching any of the walking germs around him. The only thing that he focused on was that his usually meticulous senpai was touching another human being who probably didn't sanitize himself at all.

Disgusting. The ace scrunched his nose in displeasure.

June blinked and glanced at their direction... and saw two of his kouhais who wore totally different expressions. He pulled away from Yuu but snatched his hand in the process, causing the other to beam in silence. Yuu was a tad bit curious about who these two people were to June.

"Motoya, Kiyoomi!" The pair of cousins nodded, one a bit of in a daze and the other too lost in keeping himself clean in this sea of crowds. "How ya'll be doin' in Itachiyama?" Wait, Yuu blinked as that processed in his head. Did he just say... Itachiyama? THAT Itachiyama?!

"Say, senpai," Motoya snapped out of his stupor and gave an accusing finger at June. "You let Kageyama give us your number and socials but you didn't made him say you got a boyfriend?" If the brunet could screech without embarrassing himself in public, he already would have.

That accusation caused June to scratch the back of his head. "'Ight, I forgot 'bout that. Why didn't ya ask Kageyama 'bout anythin' though? Are ya stupid?" A metaphorical blow hit Motoya without mercy. "Senpai, that's not the point! Introduce us already!" The brunet whined and playfully glared at him.

Of course June brightened up at that and glanced down on Yuu who had gone stiff after realizing that he was talking to the Itachiyama's players. "Motoya, Kiyoomi, this 'ere is Nishinoya Yuu, a libero." The brunet cheerfully waved whereas... Kiyoomi hid behind his cousin, not uttering a single word but he nodded in greeting anyway.

"Yuu, these two're my kouhais from my middle school; Komori Motoya and Sakusa Kiyoomi."

Huh? A stiff smile appeared on Yuu's face. He's friends with the number one libero AND one of the top three aces in the nation?! Why had Yuu not recognize them?!

(He was probably to busy floating in bliss as June showed him off to his friends.)

"Osu! Nice to meet you, Komori-san, Sakusa-san!"

Motoya smiled and showed a sheepish smile. "If I had known earlier, I would have given you a gift, senpai! But don't worry, I'll have it delivered after nationals so send me your address later!"