13: When June gets a love letter

.

.

When June gets a love letter.

"June, you've been spacing out since I arrived."

Ever since Koushi came back to class from morning meeting, his cousin seemed to be staring at the ceiling. Even their other classmates had been talking about June's odd behaviour. The red-eyed youth blinked and glanced at his motherly cousin. "Hey, Koushi, wha'd ya do when ya get a love letter?"

Now, don't be mistaken. Iwata June was incredibly popular back in Inarizaki. During his first year, he received quite a bit but Kita and Ojiro helped him with them. June was left unaware that his friends ended up recycling those letters instead of throwing them away. It was a waste to just throw them in the trash, right?

During his second year, when the Miya Twins found out about how their favorite senpai receives more love letters than them, the two ended up taking over the job of getting rid of them. The twins were merciless and ended up burning those letters in their backyard in the winter. Yes, the twins used it to fuel the fire.

Atsumu even did a ritual once using them. Osamu ended up smacking his twin upside the head though.

And so, June didn't really know how to deal with that kind of letter since his friends would usually do it for him. It was the reason why he had been spacing out and decided to wait for his cousin for help.

Koushi, of course, blinked at June. "I received some before. I just went to the location written in the letter and rejected the sender. I thought you got lots of them back in your old school?" The motherly setter then proceeded to take his seat just behind June.

"I have," the libero scratched the back of his head. "But mah friends 'n' kouhais to do it for me so I dunno what I'm supposed to do with it." June searched his bag for the letter and gave it to his cousin. "I read it but... it's hella weird."

A curious look came over Koushi's face and as he read the letter, he felt like his world view changed a little.

Dear Iwata June-sama,

I often ask myself how someone like you could exist. Even if we haven't talked before, even when we hadn't met personally; my heart can't help but beat only for you. Would it be okay if we meet up behind the third gym after classes?

Koushi didn't know what to make of it. At one hand, it was a little cute. On another, he couldn't help but feel a little weirded out. This sender actually called his cousin with the honorific -sama? Pfft- it doesn't suit June!

"Want me and the team to deal with it?"

"Y'all heaven sent. Please do, Koushi."

.

.

When Noya forgets to breathe.

"So, June will arrive a bit later since he's on cleaning duty. I gathered you here today for something important!" Koushi fist bumped the air, followed by an awkward silence as everyone shot him curious stares. Faking a cough, Koushi pulled out the love letter his cousin received from his pocket.

"June received a love letter this morning and he gave us permission to deal with it."

"..." In an instant, the group dispersed, obviously uninterested in it. The only ones who remained were Tanaka and Noya. Tanaka stayed because he hadn't seen a love letter before so he was pretty excited to find out its content.

Meanwhile, Noya... well, Noya's brain was on overdrive.

LOVE... LOVE LETTER?! SOMEONE GAVE IWATA-SENPAI A LOVE LETTER?! Suga-san said senpai's on cleaning duty but what if... WHAT IF HE'S BEING CONFESSED TO RIGHT NOW?! At the mere thought of that scene, his Iwata-senpai standing underneath the shade of a tree with a cute girl fiddling with the hems of her sleeves.

It was enough to make his head explode.

"Geh- Suga-san, Daichi-san, Noya-san fainted!"

.

.

When noya embarrasses himself.

Lil' Noya: SENPAIIIIIIIIII DIS YOP AVCELT. JHE VONGGESION???)(;;!

Iwata-senpai: ?
Iwata-senpai: type properly, Noya
Iwata-senpai: i dont understand anything other than senpai

Lil' Noya: SUGA-SAN SHOWED US A LOVE LETTER YOU GOT. DID YOU
Lil' Noya: ACCEPT????;!

Iwata-senpai: ???
Iwata-senpai: what accept
Iwata-senpai: i was on cleaning duty
Iwata-senpai: and headed straight to the gym
Iwata-senpai: when i was finished
Iwata-senpai: i did plan on accepting
Iwata-senpai: *didnt
Iwata-senpai: anything

Lil' Noya: ...
Lil' Noya: oH

Nishinoya Yuu proceeded to scream into his pillow.

Meanwhile, Iwata June groaned into his stuffed panda, something Kita had given him before he transferred out of Inarizaki. Stupid Kou! I shoulda asked someone else instead! Throwing both the panda and his phone at the other side of the bed, he marched out of his room and towards his cousin's.

"KOUSHI, YA BETTER START RUNNIN'!"

"Geh- Kaa-san, June's trying to kill me!"

"It's probably your fault, dear! You're on your own."

"Traitor!"

.

.

Let's pray for Suga's survival 🙏