5. Dinner

Athena

I was sitting in my cabin and reading a boring medical file of my patient. I am waiting for my shift to complete so that i can go home. It has been almost 1 week since the engagement. Life is normal and boring for me till now. But i can't stop thinking about Andrew. He left a impression on me which i can't remove it from my mind. Those blue eyes haunt me every night.

I didn't knew about Amelia and Andrew's relationship so i asked Evelyn about it. She simply said that they are just good friends and Amelia once saved Andrew's life. But i know better than anyone else that they are not friends maybe my sister take him as a friend but Andrew doesn't. Anyways i don't care until and unless he doesn't creat any trouble for my sister.

I sighed and looked at my watch again it was past 8. I looked at the file and covered my face with my hand. I can't handle it anymore so i closed the file and collected my things to leave for home.

I reached home within 45mins. When i entered the gate i saw many cars were parked infront of my house. I was kind of confused because i don't remember mom telling about any guest visiting us today. But then my eyes widened when i realized that i have forgotten about the important dinner .

Shit!!!shit!!! How can i forget about it. Dammit!!!
I took a deep breath and tried to control myself.

Every month the Paulsen, Hamilton , Knight and Oliver have a dinner party to mingle with each other and let the new generation also know each other. This was a tradition that our forefathers started and we need to follow them. And this time the dinner party is arranged at my house and i am definitely late for it.

I quickly walked inside the house through the back door as using the front door was quite risky and i didn't wanted to create any scene. I walked inside my room and threw my bag on the bed. When i looked at myself in the mirror i realized that i was a mess, my hair was tied in a messy bun , the dress was wrinkled and i have dark circles under my eyes. I took a deep breath to stop myself from panicking and decided to first take a shower.

I took a quick shower and went inside my closet to choose a dress. After searching for a while finally i found a perfect dress. It was a strapless green bodycon dress. I paired it with green heels and wore diamond studs. I did a simple makeup and applied a nude lipstick. I curled my hair and kept it open.

I looked at myself in the mirror and smile at my image i can't say that i was looking beautiful but i was looking better than before with these thoughts in my mind i walked towards the living room

When i didn't found them in living room i realized that they all went to dinning room for dinner.

I took a deep breath before entering the room. I really don't like apologizing but being the member of upperclass you need to be humble and polite. I entered the room with a smile.

"I am sorry for being late. Please accept my humble apologize"
Everyone were staring at when i was done speaking. There was a awkward silence for few minutes but then mom nodded at me with a smile. After then only i sighed in relief.