59. Danger

Athena

1 week later.....

I woke up when the first ray of sunlight fell on me. I rubbed my eyes and sat down on the bed. I stretched my arms and legs like a lazy kittens.

Yesterday i was so happy when I finally got discharged from the hospital. I wound has not completely healed but that's not a problem.

I sighed and decided to take a shower. I walked inside the bathroom to take a shower. I wrapped a towel around my wound. The doctor has told me not to put any water or bath that part.

After shower i decided to dress my wounds and then i wore my clothes. Ashton wanted to appoint a nurse for me but i simply denied him. I decided to wear a spaghetti strap yellow top and a yellow palazzo. I paired my outfit with yellow flats and tied my hair in a messy bun.

I walked towards the dinning room for breakfast

I walked towards the dinning room for breakfast. Evelyn and Ashton were already waiting for me. I greeted them and took my seat. The maids served us the breakfast.
"I hope you slept well" Evelyn asked
"Yea i slept like a baby" i replied and all thanks goes to the painkiller. I gave me a smile.

"So what're you going to do now?" Ashton asked.
"What?" I asked confusedly.
"Do you have any plan how to actually deal with the Knights" Ashton asked. I sighed internally. I really don't have any plan.

"Don't you all think that we should collect more evidence before we come to any conclusions " Evelyn said.
"Are you trying to take Andrew's side?" Ashton asked. That's really confusing why is Evelyn taking Andrew side all of sudden.

"Of course not but what motive andrew would have that he will try to kill Athena " Evelyn said.
"Power and money "Ashton replied. I know his motive was to destroy the Paulsen family.
"Look Evelyn i don't know what relationship our ancestors had but this generation is only hungry for more power. Everyone wants to be on top and for that they can do anything " Ashton said. That's true i have seen people killing for power and money.

"That's true" i replied
"Maybe it was Andrew plan to first strike out the Paulsen then Oliver and Hamilton. And then the Knight alone will rule the whole country " Ashton said.
"Maybe you are right and i am thinking too much" Evelyn replied.

"Anyways i have a very important meeting so i will take my leave " Ashton said.
"Take care" he said and placed a kiss on my forehead.

After few minutes Evelyn also stood up to leave.
"I actually wanted to stay but i need to submit audits so i need to go" she said.
"Don't worry I will be fine" i replied with a smile.
"I will try to come early " she said and I have her a nod.

I looked at the food and shook my head. I already lost my appetite. I was walking towards my room when the door bell rang. I walked towards the door and opened it.

Amelia!!

She was standing infront of me with a small smile on her face. She was wearing a line white dress. She looked like an angel.