47. Partnership

Athena

"Can you please cancel your plan" Evelyn asked while sitting on my bed.
"Why?" I asked
"I don't want you to go" she said while pouting. I smiled at her childish behavior.

"You know it's not my first time going on business trip" i said while sitting beside her.
"I know but i want you to cancel your trip" she said. I know that she is hiding something from me.
"Tell me the truth Evelyn don't beat around the bush" i said sternly.

"I am scared " she said while hugging me. I wrapped my arms around her
"But why?" I asked
"Now you're dealing with those Russian and Brazilian mafias and i am scared that they might try to kill you when you're away from your hometown " she said. Just few days ago i told about them and she wasn't very happy with my decision.

"Don't worry they won't " i assured her
"But if they " she said.
"Eve you know this deal is very important and i am only going for 3 days. " i said.
"I know this is your dream project and that's why you going to phillipines personal to sign the deal " she said.
"Don't worry i will be fine ok and plus those mafia's might be a white collar criminal but still they have some morals and principles" i explained.

"Ok fine but promise me that you will take care of yourself and don't get yourself in any problem, your life is very important and i can't afford to lose you" she said.
"I promise "

"So you're done with your packing " she asks while looking at my luggage
"Yea almost " i said.
"So when are you leaving for airport " she asks
"In half an hour" i said while looking at my watch.
"Can i come to drop you" she asks
"Sure" i said after that she left to get ready and i decided to take a shower.

I brushed my teeth and took the longest and most relaxing bath in a long-long time. I relaxed in the hot water and just let my brain relax and release all the stress. I cleansed my body to make my skin glow and feel fresh.

I also applied some special conditioner and shampoo for my hair and gave the same treatment to my face using a special aloe-Vera based herbal face wash.

After drying my hair and wearing my comfy undergarments, I put on my outfit. I decided to wear a white sweater and a black skirt. The winter has started in new York and weather is bit cold. That's why i decided to wear this clothes. I paired my outfit with black boots and tied my hair in a ponytail.

After that i walked downstairs with my luggage

After that i walked downstairs with my luggage. Evelyn was already waiting for me.
"Let's go " she said and i nodded my head in yes.

We reached the airport within 30mins. I stepped out of the car with my luggage. I gave Evelyn a goodbye hug.
"Be safe ok" i said
"You too" she said and pulled my cheeks.

I walked towards the private section were my private jet is waiting. I boarded the plane and took a window seat. After sometime the pilot came and greeted me.
"Good morning ma'am. We are ready to fly now" i gave him a nod
'Ladies and gentlemen , welcome on board service from New york to Manila. We are currently in first line for take-off and are expected to be in air within seven minutes. Please turn off all personal electronic devices, including laptops and cell phones. Enjoy your flight ' i heard someone giving the instructions.