Chapter Twenty Three - Regrets

Okay guys we're gonna do another time skip of three months. This chapter will recap a little on how the reader felt in the last chapter. There will be flashbacks as well. So please enjoy. By the way guys I was planning on publishing another book but this one would be for requests of what you'd like to see me draw because I really enjoy doodling and such XD so anyway if you have request put them in the comments and I'll try to get to them all. I do not own Soul Eater nor do I own any characters mentioned in this x reader.

I rubbed my stomach humming softly to myself my baby. My shirt was already tight against my belly.

It had been three months since Paige died. I was calm now but when my baby is born I won't be so calm anymore.

I'm planning on leaving Death City. This place brings back to many terrible memories. It hurts. My mother.. Kid.. Paige. I can't live here anymore. I know it'll hurt the others but then again that's why I didn't tell them I was leaving after the baby is born.

Another reason is because Kid will come back here. I'll never forget Paige's words.

"It's the baby..." I mumbled.

What the hell was that suppose to mean? Did she mean he would come after the baby? Maybe even kill it? I didn't want to take that chance. It scared me to think of being alone. How I've gotten threw Kid leaving me was Paige but now that Paige is gone the only thing that's keeping me at bay is the baby. I know with my baby I won't be alone and neither will it.

I turned my head as I heard a scream. Soul. Poor thing. He's gotten the worse end of it. His demon inside him keeping him agitated and annoyed threw out the day then at night causing terrible nightmares to awaken him screaming bloody murder then the sad sound of his sobbing.

He said their always about her. About Paige. He never gets sleep anymore. He barely stays awake at day time. Sooner or later his body will give up on him. He looks terrible nowadays.

He's always has bags under his eyes. Messy greasy hair and his eyes are never bright anymore. Somewhat of a dull red that has seen to have given up.

After the first month Soul had came to me during the night. Saying that he didn't blame Kid anymore. Said that he knew that it wasn't the real Kid that had killed her.

Kid.

Kid.

Oh god Kid.

My love.. My heart.. My enemy. I knew deep down I didn't blame him either but every time someone mentions him or something reminds me of him all I can see is his hand straight threw her chest and then just starring each other dead in the eyes.

I sigh softly and sat up slowly. I got onto my feet and walked out of my room and downstairs. I still lived in Death Manor and I still live with Liz and Patti.

The one who's been surprising me a lot recently is Black*Star though. Ever since Paige had died... It's odd really.

Flashback

I was in Death Academy crying into my hands sadly. They had taken Paige into Steins room so he could at least stitch her up a bit.

Everyone was here with me mourning as well. Except Black*Star who was teary eyed but not crying. He had his hands clenched into tight fists. So tight that his knuckles were white. "Black*Star..?" I managed to whine out.

Black*Star didn't even look at me before he punched a hole right threw the wall in anger. Everyone looked at him and I got up.

His back was to me as he breathed in deep hard breaths. I slowly and hesitantly put my hand on his shoulder. "Black*St-" My eyes widened as I saw his pupils were tiny little stars.

"I'll kill him!" He yelled as he looked like he was about to run off. "That damn bastard!! I'll kill him if it takes everything-"

I slapped him as hard as I could with all my strength. He stumbled back a little and looked at me with shock.

"Your not gonna do a damn thing! First of all we both know that wasn't Kid! It was someone using Kids body so shut the hell up! Second of all I'm not gonna lose you too Black*Star." Tears ran down my cheeks as I starred at him.

He embraced me into a tight hug as I heard a small sob sound from him. Then a soft chuckle. "Your lucky your pregnant or I would beat your ass."

I smiled sadly and hugged him tightly.

End of Flashback

He was different now. Any time I needed something he was always the first to answer. He's a amazing friend of mine now almost like a brother I never had.

I smile softly and walked downstairs and into the kitchen to make myself something to eat.

I looked near the counter. A memory hitting me so hard that a tear slipped from my eye.

I remembered when Kid and I were suppose to make cookies for the girls. And he had falling, said something about his head hurting. I should have saw that as a sign of our terrible future.

But I didn't. And I regret it every single day. Because if I had took action and made him tell his father he would still be here. Paige would still be alive as well.

But what had happened, happened. And there's nothing I can do...

For now.