Chapter Ten - Dying

I do not own Soul Eater nor do I own any characters mentioned in this story except Paige :3

"(YOUR NAME)!" I heard Paige scream.

I opened my eyes and could feel my head pounding. I looked down at my stomach and saw nothing wrong. I tilted my head and then could hear shouting. 

I sat up dizzly and held my head as Paige's scythe form was in my lap. I saw Black*Star attacking the kishin with speed distracting it. But I could hear shouting coming from somewhere else as well. 

I turned my head and saw Liz and Patti kneeling down next to Kid who was bleeding out. My eyes widened in fear as I saw how much blood was pouring out of him. 

"Kid..." I said dazed wondering what had happened. Then it hit me. I wasn't hurt and Kid was. He blocked the kishin's attack with his body... for me. 

"(YOUR NAME) GET YOUR ASS UP NOW!" Paige yelled loudly as it broke threw the daze I was in. I quickly got up and held the back of my head. I could feel a wet spot and looked at my fingers and saw my crimson blood. I shook the pain off and glared at the damn kishin who had hurt my Kid.

I gripped Paige tightly, my knuckles turning white as I clenched my teeth in anger. "Paige." 

I felt Paige pay attention to me fully. 

"Soul Resonance." I said clearly and fully. 

Paige started to glow brighly, as her blade got bigger growing in length and size. Soon she CLANKED and our souls came together as one. Our power radiated off us as I put her over my shoulder and held her like I was about to bat. I spread my legs as well, my teeth feeling like they were about to break since I was clenching them so hard. 

"Witch Hunt." I said as I swung Paige with force beyond belief. A gigantic wave length shuddered the ground sending the kishin flying, knocking him onto the ground. He roared at it crippled him painfully.

Black*Star smirked and said "Soul Resonance, " His and Tsubaki's souls soon combined and he continued "Shadow*Star!" Dark black marks went onto his face and arms and well his whole body. The markings came from Tsubaki's weapon form as well and hit the kishin everywhere rapidly. 

POOF!

The kishin roared and soon its soul floated shyly hovering about the ground. I felt Paige's and my soul go back to normal and she turned back human. I went back to my normal self and then turned to Kid.

I ran over to him quickly as did everyone else. 

Blood oozed from the corner of his mouth and I saw deep jagged cuts in his stomach. I took his jacket off and pressed it against the wounds as tears ran down my cheeks. Everyone starred at him in shock before Maka finally saw how bad he was hurt and said "B-Black*Star! Pick him up gently and get him to the DWMA as fast as you can! Don' t stop for anything! Get him to Stein as soon as possible, understand?" 

Black*Star was in a daze as he just starred at Kid, his friend dying in front of his eyes. 

"BLACK*STAR!" Maka yelled.

He looked up and at her and nodded quickly as he picked Kid up gently and soon ran with him using his quick ninja speed. Maka looked at everyone and said "Come on! We need to get back to the DWMA now." 

I got up and instantly ran after Black*Star with all the speed I had. I heard Maka, Paige and Soul yell after to me but.. I just couldn't.

I couldn't let Kid die...

... He didn't let me die. So he wasn't gonna die either.

No matter what...