Chapter Eleven - It's My Fault

I do not own Soul Eater nor do I own any character's mentioned in this story except Paige

I ran up the stairs of the DWMA as fast as I could ignoring the burning feeling in my lungs, and the dizziness that I was feeling in the back of my head.

I pushed opened the doors and ran down the hallway all the way down to the infirmary where I saw the door closed and a note saying "DO NOT DISTURB". I panted softly and my legs gave out from underneath me as I shook and cried. 

"(Your Name)???" I heard someone say. I didn't do anything, I just sat there and cried as I panted and coughed a bit. Someone kneeled down next to me and cupped my cheek. 

I felt a silky piece of cloth rub against my cheek. "Shhh don't cry. Someone so pretty shouldn't cry like this." I felt warm arms wrap around me and I cried into their shoulder. They stroked my hair softly and stopped when they felt the blood.

"Come on, Kid will be fine. He's a strong boy and I know he wouldn't want you hurt so let's bandage your head up." She said softly as she helped me up. I looked up and saw Marie smiling softly at me but a bit sad. 

I hiccuped from crying and followed her quietly to her quarters. She sat me down and went into the back room. 

She soon came back and started cleaning my injury on the back of my head. I winced a little from the slight pain but that was about it. She then wrapped a bandage around my head gently but she made it snug.

She nodded and gave me a warm cup of tea and said "There. Now just calm down and don't go to sleep." She smiled and nodded softly as I looked down at my tea. 

My hair fell into my eyes as I said quietly "It should have been me..." 

"Don't say that." She said.

"It should have been me, not Kid." I said in pity.

"Stop..." She said.

"If Kid hadn't blocked that attack he wouldn't have gotten hurt. It's my fault he's-"

"Stop!" She said sternly and loudly making me jump a bit. I had never heard Marie raise her voice. "It's not your fault. You and I both know Kid. If it ever happens again we both know that Kid would protect you in a heart beat. I know Kid will recover. You on the other hand are just a meister." 

I was about to say No I'm a shinigami, just like Kid. But I forgot no one but Kid and Lord Death knew. Keeping secerts were always something I hated. I've always had to keep secerts, ever since I was young. I've always had to lie to keep Paige and I safe and healthy. Always.

"Now stop blaming yourself. Professor Stein is taking care of it, so Kid will be back on his feet soon." She rubbed my hand softly and added "Now I think you should go tell your weapon that okay and take it easy." 

I nodded and put my cup of tea down and walked out of her quarters. 

It should have been me. Sometimes I wished Kid wouldn't protect me like he always does. But then that wouldn't make Kid, Kid. And that's the Kid I love.