Chapter Fifteen - On My Own

I do not own Soul Eater nor do I own any characters mentioned in this x reader. 

It had been a week after Kid attacked me. I had of course told Paige everything that had happened. I had to, she was my weapon and my family so she deserved to know that my boyfriend almost killed me. Lord Death still had nothing to tell me. Hell he would just change the subject or make a excuse that he’s very busy and pretty much just kick me out. I had even asked Stein if he knew anything. But of course I got pretty much the same thing that Lord Death gave me. Nothing.

I was walking down the sidewalk with Paige to go home since school had just gotten out. “Paige?” I said.

She looks at me and said “Yah? What is it?”

I sigh and look at her with a determined look. “Lord Death and Stein aren’t telling me anything about Kid. I know they're not telling me something. I have to find it out on my own. So of course I’m gonna need my favorite and only weapon.” I grinned a her and she smirked.

“So do I have a choice?”

“You do. I understand if you wanna stay here with So-”

“FINE! YOU GOT ME I’LL GO NO NEED TO BEG MY GOSH!”

I smirked and shook my head. “You know what this means right?”

She sighed smiling before shrugging “What now?”

“I can’t make you into a death weapon. Something’s wrong with Kid and-”

“I understand idiot. Who wants to be Lord Death’s slave anyway? Not me that’s for damn sure. I only have one meister and that’s my gay cousin.” She grinned and I rolled my eyes.

“How am I gay when I’m with Kid?”

“It’s a cover up and we both know it.”

“Fine you got me it’s a cover up.” I shook my head with a soft smile.

“So… when do we leave?” She asked. “I’ll need to tell Soul.” I looked at her and could see the sadness in her eyes.

“In a couple days.”

She nodded and sighed softly. “Okay…”

TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY MAGICAL MELTED GUMDROPS OOZING ALL OVER YOUR FACE

“Good night.” I said to Paige as she walked into her bedroom to sleep. She simply waved and walked in shutting her door behind her. She told me she would tell Soul tomorrow that we would be leaving in a few days.

I walk into my own room and grabbed a couple things and slipped them into a bag that was strapped over my shoulder. I got dressed in simple shoes, black skinny jeans and a tank top with a black hoodie. I grabbed the bag and slung it over my shoulder and walked over to my window. I waited a hour just staring outside my window, making sure Paige was asleep. I threw a note onto my bed then opened my window. I turned and took one last look at my room. It would be awhile when I did come back to it. But sometimes I have to do things on my own.

Paige was finally happy and had a life. I wasn’t gonna take that away from her. She was in love with someone as was I.

I smiled sadly and climbed out the window. I slid down the mansions roof carefully then looked down at the big gap and gulped. I teleported leaving black smoke of where I was on the roof. I looked around and went into the woods quietly.

‘I’m coming Kid...’