Chapter Three: First day

Then he lets me off to class. But it's about the middle of class so I'll have to walk In there. Infront of everyone. While they're already settled into school when I'm not even settled in at home.

I grip the door that leads into my class firmliy.
Ok Vee. Here we go. Nothing crazy. Just other kids and some old person. You've done classes. You're really smart. Smarter then fathers friend. Smarter then that SAT practice which I got an A+ on, online. I'm ok this will be ok.

I try to give myself a pep talk until I actually opened the door.

The teacher goes silent.
"May I help you?"
She asks looking me up and down
"Hi ma'am I'm Vee-ronica. Veronica. I'm the new student"

She gasps and comes over to me and take the the late slip pass from me that I had been holding out to her
"Wonderful"
She mumbles.

I follow her in and she tells me to stand at the front of the class.

I believe this is Spanish class.

"This is the new student from-"
She pauses and whispers
"Where did you say you were from?"

"I was in Seattle before this. I move a lot. My fath- dad loves to see the sights"
I say out to my peers with a big smile.

"Please be kind to this young lady this is her first year of real school."
The teacher explains and I nod confirming her words.

A group infront starts to whisper to each other, probably about me. They kept looking at me and giggling as they talked.

I sit down and then in the middle of class kids behind me had been talking a lot during class so my teacher, Ms.Warren told them off.
"Parker, Leeds, pipe down. Eyes up front"

My eyes go big. Parker as in Peter Parker?

I follow closely behind the two and end up figuring out that, that was Peter. And his friend Ned Leeds.

But besides that the day was pretty easy. Most the stuff I was learning I already knew. I kept a close eye on Peter and noted the classes I had with him.

Lunch, I sat alone. It was kinda fun though. Getting the end of a table all to myself in the swarm of over crowded kids.

I didn't pack anything to eat because we had nothing so I just decided to read one of many books in my backpack "The Theories of the Multiverse"

While I was deep into reading someone said my name making me jump.

"Woah woah- chill. Wanna sit with me and my guys"
A guy asks leaning against the opposit side of the table. Two guys stand behind him.
I believe the one sitting is Flash. I saw him when my teacher Mr.Harrington was calling role. I'm guessing it's a nickname no sane person would name their child Flash.

I smile softly and shake my head
"No thank you. I'm okay here. Thanks for the offer though... flash?"
He scoffs then he and his guys walk off.
What's his problem

I go back to reading when the bell interrupts me. I stick my bookmark in my book and stuff it in bag.

I bump into.. liz... I think her name was. On the way to class. We both had this awkward moment like "who's gonna say sorry first or just walk off fist"

I bet all the guys have a crush on her. She has that supermodel look. The kind of girl that if she wanted to, she could date all the guys in the school.

After school I waited for the girl who's taking me around the school. Her name is Betty. She's really sweet but I can tell it's just an act. I'm the queen of playing an act so I can always spot it in an instant.

She took me around the whole school explaining what each and every room was for, talking about the schools history, where sports stuff is located, where clubs are, etc.

We exchanged numbers and i noticed she's the one who does announcements. Probably a suck up. But I can work with that