Chapter Twenty One: The broken heart

He shrugs
"Sure why not."

He actually said yes..? Now I have to make sure no one asks him to go to homecoming so we can go together.

I leave and go home and I can't stop smiling when I get home that I love being with him.
Walking in the house I hang my keys beside the door and when I turn around I jump from my father creepily sitting in the dark at the dining table drinking something out of a mug.

"Holy sh- God you scared me!"
I yell and he sips his drink
"Child"
He says

I cross my arms and look at him like what
"You asked the red tighted idiot to homecoming"
My father stands up out of his chair
I stare at him
How does he know that
"How do you know that..?"
I ask and he sighs
"I have eyes everywhere Veronica"

I hate when he calls me veronica
I hate him

"Okay.. is there a point to this cause I wanted to go to the library after I got a snack here.."

He laughs. One creepy laugh.
"Of course there is"
"So could you tell it"

I'm fed up with his games
Then he simply says "No"
"Ok cool"
I say unenthusiastically

I go to kitchen and grab a bag of chips then walk out the door. He's so incredibly weird.

The next day at school Ned and I stand in the hallway waiting for Peter who's in the principals office.

Then he finally comes out. I instantly ask
"Are you expelled?"
Then Ned asks
"Do you have to go to that high school on 46th where the principal has a crossbow?"

Peter walks in between us and sighs
He looks at Ned and says
"Pretty sure that's an urban myth, Ned"
Then he looks at me and says
"And no Vee I'm not expelled"

Then we go to class
Peter had detention for a few more days and he didn't want to get in more trouble by skipping it so I just went to the library instead of doing something with Ned or Peter after school.

Now that Peter doesn't have the suit he seemed a lot more focused in classes. But yet he also seems miserable like he's missing something.. which he is.

Liz convinced me to help plan and decorate for homecoming since it was this weekend. She also planned that we go homecoming dress shopping after school.
Since we were planning we didn't have to go to our classes. Liz, me and a handful of other students were picked cause we, with our grades. We're able to just not go to class.

Liz went out to get more tape from the crafts department and we were putting the final decor in the gym.

I looked around the gym and groaned remembering I had to get the step stool from the hallway.
Walking out I saw Liz and got confused.

I went out the other door so I couldn't see them but I could hear them so I just wanted to hear what they were talking about
"It's fine... Last week Decathlon was the most important thing but then we all almost died so.."
Liz says and I couldn't tell what they were talking about
"No. I-I just mean that... it was not cool, especially ...because... I like you."
Peter says

I feel like my heart was crushed and it sunk to my feet.. he liked Liz.. she knows I like him.. please just reject him Liz..

"I know"
Liz says
My heart is pounding

She knew and she didn't tell me... I can't believe her. I can't believe all of this! This isn't even about my fathers plan anymore it's just about me! I love Peter...
"You do?"
Peter asked shocked
"You're terrible at keeping secrets"
She says
He chuckles
"Yeah.. you'd be surprised"

My heart actually hurts this is such bs..

"I got to get to class.. but  um  I'd say we should hang out..but I'm gonna be in detention for.."
He trails off
"..ever but um I guess you already have a date to homecoming?"
He asks
This whole time I was worried about people asking him when I didn't think about him asking someone else..