Chapter Nineteen: The one and only

After I dropped him off at home and I went home I did some home work and FaceTimed Liz I had an idea.
Homecoming is coming up.
I don't have.. and I don't think Peter has one..
I think I might ask him tomorrow or soon. Maybe as friends maybe.. not as friends.

I tried to not think about it too much cause I didn't even know if I wanted to do it. I went downstairs and started to make myself dinner and watched some tv. Then the news came on

"The 'Spiderman' had been spotted on the Staten Island Ferry. First fighting a group of men on the inside and then slicing the Ferry in half-"

I turn off the tv before the news lady could keep saying anything else.

I quickly slipped on my shoes and rush to my car. I hope Peter is ok. But he's spiderman he'll be fine.. I hope. I call Peter and it goes straight to voicemail.

I drive to Peters apartment complex and ask around for where him and his aunt live.
I knock on the door and who I think is his aunt answers the door. She looks frustrated and scared. She's beautiful though I'm surprised she's an aunt
"Hi. Are you Ms.Parker? Peters aunt?"
I ask and she nods
"Yes.."
I cant say anything about how I'm scared he's gonna get hurt being spiderman cause he told me before that his aunt doesn't know.
"I'm his friend from school, Vee. I tried calling Peter a-and he didnt answer and I-I'm just getting a weird feeling he might be in trouble o-or something.."
I fiddle with a bracelet on my wrist and she looks like the same amount of nervous I am
"Why don't you come in, hun"

I walk in and look around.
"He hasn't answered me either.. He's been so distracted lately I don't know what his problem has been.."

I sigh and she leans against a wall
"Would you like some tea?"
She asks me and I nod

So she makes us both tea and we sit on her sofa
"Do you think you should call the cops?"
I ask then sip my tea
"I might just. Five more minutes and if he doesn't answer me by then I'll get the police involved. I've already called some of his friends and the principal.."

We have some small talk for a little while. She's really nice. I feel more comfortable around we her, a stranger. Then I do my own father.

She asks things like how I know Peter and where I lived before and I forget how much I miss having a mom. I think my mom would like May. They're both people I would give up anything to have in my life.