Chapter Nine: Peter and the party

The gym goes silent. Peter looks at ned in shock. Peter rushes up and over to the bleachers where my little group is.

"No... I don't. No. I-I mean-"
Peter stutters
"They're friends."
Ned said seeming proud
"Right..like Coach Wilson and Captain America are friends."
Flash laughs as he goes down the rope
"I've met him... A couple times. But it's um... through the Stark internship. Mhmm."
Peter explains still stuttering
"I'm not really supposed to talk about it"
Peter goes on aggressively looking at Ned

"Well. That's awesome. Hey! you know what? Maybe you should invite him to Liz's party. Right?"
Flash walks closer over to where we are. He's not doing this to be a dick

"Yeah I'm having people over tonight. You're more than welcome to come."
Liz offers
She's invited me to come to this party too but I'm still thinking about it.

"... H-Having a party?"
Peter nervously asks
"Yeah, it's gonna be dope. You should totally invite your personal friend Spider-Man."
Flash crosses his arms and I glare at him
"Um.."
Peter mumbles
Unless Peter makes a clone of himself in less then 10 hours then he's not gonna be showing up as Peter or spiderman

"Peter is way too busy for parties anyways I'm sure he wouldn't be able to make it anyways"
I say trying to save Peter from embarrassment

Flash triumphantly walks closer to Peter
"Come on... he'll be there, right..?"
Flash says just as the bell rings

Me and the group get up and walk away on my way out and I punch flash in the arm for being such an asshole. I look back at Peter who looks frustrated with Ned. Hopefully he's ok

When we're outside Liz tells me to come over her house after picking up my stuff to get ready for the party so I rush home and get a lowkey but cute outfit and grab my makeup and hair stuff then go to Lizs house.

It has a lot of windows and seems very rich. I run into her parents on the way in. They're very nice. But they were just leaving as I came in.
Liz's other friends (only the close ones) are here too. We're sitting in her bedroom gossiping and I'm doing my makeup while everyone else does they're own thing.

"Hey Vee is this your first party?"
Liz asks me from her bed as she's curling her hair. I look up from my makeup and nod
"Yup. First party anywhere. Besides like birthday parties but I've never been to an actual party"
"Well I hope you have fun Lizs parties aren't very frequent but when they do happen they're fun."
Betty explains
"And flash always djs it's like the number one thing we always get excited for"
Cindy, she's in academic decathlon with Liz, says. I've met her once or twice in physics.
"But he's like a total asshole.."
I say brushing mascara on my eyelashes which is one of my last steps.
"Oh totally. But he's a good dj and he always acts like parties are clubs which is so much fun"
Sally, who's in her bra and jeans looking at her shirts she brought over, tells me.

Once we're all finished it takes a couple minutes for everyone to come. I set out the food then people start flooding in.

I stay in the kitchen for a while just socializing with everyone who comes to get food or drinks. It's also by the door so if I wanted to I could ditch but i just watch who comes in and out for now.

I then look behind me as Peter and Ned come in. I wave at Peter but he doesn't see. I jump on the kitchen counter and watch Peter and Ned subtlety.

He talks to MJ for a split second then Liz talks to them about the party and then I listen and Ned wants Peter to "spider it up". His words not mine. But Peter doesn't want to.

"Penis Parker!"
Flash yells into the microphone and I scoff.
Could he be anymore annoying
"So where's your pal SpiderMan? Let me guess. In Canada with your imaginary girlfriend?"
Flash laughs while everyone joins in execpt me Peter and Ned.
"That's not spiderman that's just Ned in a red shirt"
Flash jokes and I jump off the counter so ready to beat his ass.
Everybody boos and laughs. He walks out looking determined. I really hope he doesn't show up as spiderman.

I jump back on the counter vowing that if Flash continues I'll beat his ass.