Chapter Sixteen: I know

As I hear the window break the elevator starts to fall. Thankfully Peter.. I mean spiderman catches it and us with a web.
The four of us in the elevator are practically feeling like bugs on a windshield stuck to the wall of the elevator, so scared.

Before we can be relived for too long the doors that "spiderman" was holding on to.. holding on us.. broke and he ends up falling in with us. We start to drop again but he goes in a corner and he shoots a web up to stop our falling.

Peter starts to pull the web and pull the elevator up.

Peter.. spiderman. Speaks and he puts on a fake, deeper and more of a New Yorker voice which almost makes me laugh.
"Ahem.. Hey.. how you doing..?"
"D-Don't worry about it. I got you guys "
He goes on to awkwardly say.

Me and Liz make a face at each other like omg a superhero

"Yes! Yes!"
Ned excitedly says jumping up and down
"Hey hey hey hey hey hey.. big guy. Quit moving around"
Peter insists to Ned.
Knowing that Ned knows about Peter and they have these pretending-I-don't-know-you little moments is funny to watch.

They help Mr.Harrington out, then Ned, then Liz. As I reach to go to Mr.Harrington's hand but I hear something snap and I'm falling.

Peter catches me by my hand. I just stare at him, heavy breathing, not knowing what to do as I dangle here.

"You're ok. You're ok."
Peter said softly now in his normal voice.

He pulls me by my arm and I just look him in his mask eyes as he's doing so. It's weird knowing his identity but he doesn't know I know.

He helps me to my safety and my heart is pounding out of my chest.
He asks if we're ok and me and Peter just hold our gaze on each other for a few seconds that feels like minutes but before I could say or even do anything his web breaks and he falls.

We ride back to school and on the way back Liz can't shut up about how cool that was.

Everybody meets up with their families. Hugging them and getting comfort and that's when it hits me of how much I miss that bond with a parent.

I sit on the sidewalk watching everyone. My phone is dead from using it on the ride home so I sit with it plugged into my portable charger waiting for it to charge enough to turn it back on.

Then I see Peter coming to me.

"I-I heard what happened to you.. are you ok?"
I stand up and nod.
"I'm actually not as freaked out as much as I thought I would be"
"I'm glad you're ok"
He says which makes my heart flutter
"Thanks.. I'm glad you were able to stay safe"

I want to thank him so bad for saving me but I shouldn't.. right..
I look down then back up
"Are you spiderman..?"
I blurt out and he looks at me with a blank stare and then I cross my arms and say
"It's just you and spiderman have a really similar voice.."

He looks around then back at me
"I'm.. not.."
I look at him with a suspicious look. Fine I'll play along Parker
"Where were you then."
His voice goes high as he says
"I was on the grass.. on the ground.. with MJ"
"Right.."
I mumble

I sigh and take a step closer to him
"Well let's just pretend you were spiderman. Here's how I would thank him"
I take him into my arms and give him the biggest hug I've ever given in my life
"But you're not so that's just a preview"
I tease and start to giggle
"I'll talk to you tomorrow Vee"
He says walking away

I feel like he accepts that I actually know but won't make it obvious or "confirm"