Chapter Eleven: Talk to me

It felt like the weekend went by In a hurry.
My father finally let me in a little more about what he was doing though. I told him how things were going with Peter so he thought I should know that he was no working with the weapon maker dude full time and helping him out a lot. He said they have a lot of men and all those guys practically work for him now. But he said that Peter did intrude on something they were doing last night and he yelled at me for not doing a good enough job.

I still don't know what my father is in for it for. He doesnt care about money which is probably what all those other guys are in it for. But my father is just helping them.. without getting thing in for it for him. I don't understand his logic.

On Monday it was like a regular day. Flash kept glaring at me in class. He deserves it, not my fault. Liz kept talking about this academic decathlon competition, I wasn't listening much in depth about it though.

At lunch Liz and all those girls went to study in the library so I was left alone at lunch. I don't mind it.

I finished another book. I should slow down on reading if I wanna make it out of here without having a bag full of books.

I look around then see Peter walking my direction. He's talking to himself like he's preforming for a play. He comes up to my table and clears his throat.
"Hi.."
"Parker do you rehearse everything you say before you say it?"
I asked and he crosses his arms
"M-maybe. That's not the point of why I'm here.."
He starts to say. He sits across from me and I smile brightly
"Well I have two things to say.. one thing is a question. One is just a-a general statement.. I mean not a statement but-"
He starts to ramble
I poke his arm and laugh
"Get to the point"

He laughs
"Right.. okay ned told me what you did at the party.. how you punched flash when he was.. yeah. So thanks"
"I wasn't just doing it for you. Flash needs to learn being a jerk isnt a personality trait.. but yes I was also defending you a little"
He smiles his sweet smile. He's like a little puppy I can't stand it. (In a good way I can't stand it)

"Second statement.. question.. thing"
"So most days you're usually sitting with all those girls but some days you're sitting alone.. like now. And Ned and I were wondering if you wanted to sit with us when you're not sitting with them or when you get bored.."
He asks
"That was a very long winded explanation for a simple question"
I say and he chuckles
" I do that a lot.."
"I noticed"

We both sit there for second in silence then he stands up
"Great talk"
I stand up so he won't walk away
"I didn't give you an answer Parker"
"I'll sit with you guys when I'm not with the girls"
"Ok cool.
"I'll do some charity work and sit with you guys"
I tease and he rolls his eyes teasing back.
"The bell is about to ring so I'll... see you.. sometime"
"Spanish"
I remind him and he walks away.

It's weird how this works. Me and Peter.. Conversation is very easy with him when all the other tasks from my father have been hard. It's probably because Peter is my age and he's nicer then anyone..