Chapter 12

He didn't say anything. Just a simple movement of his head to answer her question. She couldn't believe it! He's here! He's really here! All this time she had been traveling with him and she didn't even know!
Wait! All this time and she didn't know. But he did. He had know it all along and never told her!
'Dú eackle!' (You bastard!) All her joy, her urge to embrace him, suddenly slipped away as anger replaced it. 'All this time you had know! All this time you could have told me! But you didn't? Wrûm?'(Why?)
Frêllian clenched her fists, trying hard to suppress the urge to slap him. Her anger causing her to mutter in her native tongue when the dwarf didn't answer her. He just stared at her in shame. Was he ashamed to be her father?! Was that why he had kept it a secret?
'Were you even planning on telling me?' By now her voice had turned dangerously low. She growled at him, waiting for an answer.
'I was,' Dwalin finally spoke, daring to look at her for a moment. 'I was just waiting for the right opportunity.'
Frêllian snorted at this.
'The right opportunity? I'd say you've had plenty of them!' As she turned her back to Dwalin, she crossed her arms in anger. 'More like you are making up excuses.'
'Excuses?!'
By now, Dwalin had raised his voice in anger. His burst-out having turned a couple of heads. But he ignored them as he turned to face Frêllian. Well, her back that. And it only angered him even more.
'Our first impression hadn't been exactly a good one, remember? And I didn't even know who you were at that moment! Only when the hobbit had said your name, did I suspect anything.'
'And still you kept quiet.'
'What did you expect me to say! "Hello there, Frêllian. By my beard, ye've grown, lassie. Oh, ye don't remember me? Well, I'm your dear ol' father of course." That would have gone well, wouldn't it?'
Even Frêllian had to admit it did sound stupid, but she wasn't about to admit that to the dwarf! He should have told her sooner! They had been traveling together for weeks, there have been plenty of opportunities! So she only did the only thing she could think of. Turning her head to just glare at him.
'At least you know now!' Dwalin glared at the ferian as she turned her head away from him again, ignoring him completely. 'Mahal! You are so stubborn, you know that? Don't you think it has been easy for me to remain silent, while all I had wanted to do was to hold you in my arms again?'
'Do I look like I care?' Frêllian spun around, facing the dwarf that claimed to be her father with a glare. 'I have grown up without my parents! Tortured by orcs, beaten and put in my place daily! I don't remember how many times I have passed out, only to awaken again in the same nightmare! Year after year after year, until I finally learned my place.' By now tears were rolling down her cheeks, but she ignored them. Her dark blue eyes simply glaring at the dwarf. 'So if you think I take pity on you, just because you were to much of a coward to tell me the truth, you are mistaken!'
With that said, Frêllian abruptly turned around and walked away, leaving a stunned Dwalin behind. She didn't care though. Anger souring through her veins as she stompped off.
He should have told her! He should have told her something, anything, to let her know about who he really was. He shouldn't have left her in the dark. No matter the circumstances of their meeting.
She passed Balin along the way, sending him a glare as he smiled at her. Apparently the small dwarf is her uncle, so he knew as well. Of course he did, and he too, hasn't said a thing to inform her of their true relation.
Scoffing at the confused look the white-haired dwarf was giving her, she kept on walking. Dwarfs and their secrets. They are known to want to keep their native tongue a secret to other species. But she had never thought they would keep secrets as important as this!
'My lady!'
Frêllian ignored the call, as she made her way down to the gardens.
'My lady Supreme!'
Now that got her attention alright! With a growl and her eyes flashing yellow for a moment, Frêllian turned around to snap at the ferian.
'Cànwrif! Have I not told you not to use my title!'
The male just smirked as he looked at her. His only movement was that of his hand, to gently brush his brown hair out of his eyes. But he was clearly unimpressed by her.
'It did got your attention, now didn't it?'
The playfulness was visible in his eyes as he quirked a brow at her. His smirk still present. Frêllian continued glaring at him, growling as he winked at her. The she sighed and turned around again. It was not fair of her to turn her anger towards the ferian, while he had done nothing wrong. In fact, he was the one that had saved her!
'What is it that you want?' she finally asked after a moment of silence. 'I am in no mood to talk.'
'So I have noticed,' Cànwrif replied, moving closer to his alpha. 'Was it not the happy family reunion you had hoped for, my lady?'
'How did you know…'
'I have ears, you know.' With a playful smirk he pointed to his slightly rounded ears. 'Besides, it wasn't a quiet conversation you were having.'
Frêllian smiled weakly at the playful ferian. She had been away from her pack for so long, she had almost forgotten how playful ferien can be – 'almost' being the keyword. Her own playfulness towards the hobbit being prove of it. Then her smile dropped and she found herself staring at the darkening sky.
'Hey, cheer up, lady Frêllian,' the ferian began as he placed a hand on her uninjured shoulder. 'You cannot blame the dwarf. Us ferien, we are a fierce folk. Feared and admired by many. No wonder the drêgasen couldn't find the courage to tell you.'
From the corner of her eyes, she saw Cànwrif move a little, before his hands move to her face. One holding her head still, the other gently placing a flower in her hair. Then he retreated his one hand, smiling as he looked at her.
'Though I see no reason to fear one as fair as you, my lady.'
Frêllian blushed a little at his comment, looking at the slightly older male. She must admit it is nice to receive a compliment from handsome male. And with his well-built body, his goldenbrown hair and forestgreen eyes, Cànwrif was quite a handsome male indeed.
Cànwrif then turned his head to look at the gardens. His face relaxing at the sight of the serene scenery.
'Besides,' he continued, his eyes glancing at Frêllian for a moment. 'The lord alpha may be good with his weapons. But according my mother his way with words needs some practicing.'
Frêllian turned her head a bit, facing the direction she had left Dwalin. No, silver tongue would not suit the proud warrior. She started laughing at the thought, soon followed by the ferian.