A Kiss Goodnight

VAMPIRE AU

A Kiss Goodnight

Trunks landed on Pan's balcony silently. It was a tiny little thing, cramps with potted plants that she liked to grow and water. He bit back his sigh as he stepped over them and reached the door handle. It gave it a gentle pull, but it didn't budge. It was locked.

"Good girl," Trunks smiled.

It had taken months for him to drill it into Pan's mind that she had to keep her balcony doors locked. Locked doors and windows were the only sure way to keep unwanted vampires or any other supernatural creatures out. It was the ultimate 'do not enter.' Unless that supernatural being had a key, which Trunks thankfully did.

Trunks unlocked the balcony door and stepped inside of Pan's dorm room before shutting it and locking it behind him. He slipped off his boots before he glanced around. The living space was quiet and undisturbed. The kitchen was right behind it, and Nyx, Pan's black Sphinx cat, was perched on her cat tree beside the counters. Her silver eyes were looking at Trunks through the dim light, and his lips twitched.

Nyx stood up as Trunks neared her and her back arched as he scratched her. Faintly, he could hear movement coming from the door beside the kitchen.

Trunks gave Nyx one more scratch before he walked towards the door and gave it a gentle tap. "Panna?" He knew it was her. He could sense it was her, and yet, the uneasy nerves that rises in him when he didn't see her right away wouldn't go away until he heard her voice.

The door unlocked and opened. Pan's hair was wet, and the bathroom behind her was steamy from the shower she must have taken. "Hey!" She grinned at him.

Instantly, all of Trunks' nerves vanished. He smiled at her.

"I just got out of the shower. Let me blow dry my hair, and then I'll be right out," she promised.

"Okay," he nodded.

Pan went back into the bathroom, but she didn't shut the door behind her. She left it open and unlocked, knowing that he was now there now and wouldn't let any harm come to her.

Quietly, Trunks turned and walked across the kitchen to the other door. He heard Nyx jump off of her perch and follow him as he entered Pan's room.

Pan, being the dean's niece, got one of the best rooms in the academy and a room entirely to herself now that she was a third year. Trunks looked around Pan's room, taking in all her things. Miscellaneous items were spread out across her vanity and dresser. Her closet door was open, and shoes were scattered at the bottom where she had kicked them off and left them. Pan's scent was strong in her bedroom, and Trunks closed his eyes to himself enjoy it for a few moments.

Sometimes, it was hard for him to believe that he had found her again. It had taken him nearly sixty years, just as she told him it would. Those sixty years he had waited for her to return had been dreadfully slow and lonely. And on top of it, when she finally returned, she had no memory of him because her memories of them together hadn't happened yet. Trunks didn't mind, though. She was finally with him again, and that was all that mattered.

Of course, not everyone was happy about their relationship. Namely, his mother. The Countess of West City's most prominent Vampire Clan. She disapproved of Pan because she wasn't a vampire, and honestly, Trunks couldn't see what the big deal was. He was only half-vampire himself, and Pan wasn't nearly as normal as everyone, including herself, thought she was. There was something special about her, something that Trunks would never tell until she discovered it herself. Plus, if his mother knew who's daughter Pan really was, she definitely would disapprove.