A Tender turned Passionate Kiss / "I'm yours. I've only ever been yours."

THIS IS SET IN THE BUTTERFLIES AU!!

Here's a little sneak-peak on how I plan on changing it up a bit. I'll talk more about it below the prompt.

A Tender turned Passionate Kiss | "I'm yours. I've only ever been yours."

Trunks had never thought much about being in love. He thought all the cheesy notations about it were for fools. The idea that one person alone could bring you such happiness or pain seemed absurd. Yet here he was, floating in front of a girl's window at half past midnight and feeling as if his heart was being squeezed tighter and tighter with each passing second

In all the seventeen years Trunks had known Pan, this was the first time he had ever come to her at night. It had always been her coming to him. From the moment she was five and could fly on her own, she would make trips in the dead of night to West City, open up his window, and crawl into bed with him. Trunks had never understood why it was him she sought out when she couldn't sleep well. Her parents and Gohan were downstairs and Goten was literally across the hall from her. So why did she need to fly to West City for him? Even when they had been out in space hunting for the black-star Dragon Balls, it had always been his room she had sneaked into.

Trunks sighed. His chest was throbbing. He felt like he was being squeezed to the point where he couldn't breathe. He floated forward and pushed up Pan's window. It opened easily and he wasn't surprised. He assumed she kept it unlocked. Quietly, he floated into her room and stepped down onto her carpeted floor before shutting her window.

Pan's room smelled just like her. She had always smelt of vanilla, and when she turned thirteen she started using lavender shampoo as well. Trunks had always pretended to not know why, though it had secretly pleased him. Pan's room was the same as it had been when she was a child. White walls with splashes of blues, greens, and purples here and there.

Sleeping in the bed near the wall was the cause of Trunks' torment. She was curled up on her side, her back facing the window and him. Trunks' chest throbbed again. He swallowed hard and walked around the bed quietly so he could see her. He had to see her. Pan's eyes were closed. Her dark lashes were resting against her cheeks. Her dark hair was sprawled around her wildly, and her pink lips were parted as she breathed slow and steady.

Trunks' knees buckled at the sight of her. It had been over a week since he had last seen her. One painfully, slow, and tortuous week. He rubbed the back of his head as his eyes burned. What was going on with him? Why did looking at Pan make him want to cry? He couldn't have missed her that much. She was the one always clinging to him - not the other way around.

But for the last week, she had been silent. There was no humming in his head from her. There were no hundreds of texts a day from her or random visits at CC just to see him. When he texted her, all he got were a few words or no reply at all. He couldn't contact her through their mental connection because she was silent, completely blocking him out.

Trunks trembled as he pulled out the chair from Pan's desk and sat down in it. What had he done?

Trunks had been four years old the first time he had sensed her. He woke up one morning with a humming inside of his mind. There were no words or pictures, just the sound, like a faint heartbeat. It was a sound that made Trunks feel like he was losing his mind because no one else could hear it but him. It wasn't until nine months later, just a few days before his fifth birthday, that he met her. It was a mixture of disgust and relief to finally find out who was behind the noise inside his head. Finally, he could put a face to the noise, but it was a baby. A baby who started to do more than just hum inside his mind. Soon, he was being shown images. Mostly, it was the faces of the people she knew. Her mother, brothers, his parents, him, and Bulla, once she was born.