Chpater 24: A Desire To Be Loved

I wake up, my head resting on Connors upper-chest with my hands tucked underneath me. I pick my head up slowly and look at Connor who is... sleeping?

I'd never seen him "asleep" before. He looked so peaceful with his eyes closed, his breathing too quiet to be heard.

I pick up my hand, resting it on the side of his face. After a few seconds, his eyes opened slowly, looking to the ceiling then back at me. A smirk grew on his face. I grab the covers, pulling them higher over our bodies.

"I've never seen you asleep before, I thought you said Androids don't sleep?" I ask in a tired voice.

"I wasn't asleep, I was rebooting myself." He explains.

"Rebooting yourself because last night was too much to handle?" I say jokingly, kissing his cheek and resting my head next to his.

"...Yes, I have to admit, my energy levels have never been that low before." He says with a grin.

"You did good last night, I enjoyed myself a lot.." I say, my fingers stroking the side of his face gently. The corners of his mouth pull into a smile.

We stare at each other in silence.

"...We should get ready before Hank comes looking for me again." Connor says.

I start to laugh. "You're right.." I smile, giving him a slow kiss.

                                _

"Y/N.." Connor says as we finish getting dressed.

"Connor.." I say with a smile, making the bed.

"I think we should give the journal back.."

I turn around, sitting against the bed. "Huh?"

I notice his eyes start to twitch, his processer flickering yellow with it.

"Kamskis journal, I think we should give it back to him.." He adjusts his jacket, looking at the floor with furrowed eyebrows. His face stops twitching and his LED goes back to normal.

I squint my eyes in confusion. "Okay... wh- he can only host so many parties Connor." I say laughing. "Do you mean like sneak in there and give it back?" He cuts me off.

"No, I mean like go see him in person and give it to him. We couldn't find anything in it, and it was a mistake. I think it would be the right thing to do." He explains.

"Maybe it would be better if we just asked him about deviants personally instead of stealing from him." He adds.

I shake my head slowly. Maybe Connor was right. "Yeah, I'll let Hank know about this."

                                 _

"Give it back??" Hank asks, crossing his arms disapprovingly.

"Well, Connor and I were talking this morning about it. Maybe it is the right thing to do since we couldn't find anything in it. Maybe it would be better if we just talked to Elijah about it in person." I tap on Hanks desk, glancing up at Connor.

"We cant trust that guy-" Hank tries saying.

"He left CyberLife years ago. I'm sure he must have some explanation about why Androids turn into deviants. Or maybe he could tell us what he thinks."