Prologue

May 2017

"Alex im warning you when i do my road tours with the band, you will be staying in Ninas and your not coming with me"

"Granddad I'm 16, im not gonna get myself into bad situations i promise"

"No Alexandra. Ive been warned that these boys are trouble, maybe in a couple of years when your older and things are different for them, when they've settled into fame, but for now , Euphoria is a no-go zone"

"grandad i used to come tour with you when i was little and i never got into trouble"

"I know, but again, things are different now. Your 16. Sweet 16. I can't let anything happen to you that may ruin your prime years"

"Your ruining my prime years"i mutter.

"Cause im not letting you come meet a troublesome bunch of teenage boys?"

"yes.." i say quietly.

He rolls his eyes and drinks his whiskey.

"Stop being so dramatic. Plenty of eye candy for you in school young lady"

"But i don't wanna be in school, i wanna leave early and become a-"

"Yes Alexandra, a fucking roadie, you've told me. But thats not the way you need to look at life okay? You need to promise me that when i'm gone, you'll put your head down and get some smart in that big head of yours darling and then we'll look at you becoming a roadie ok?" John says now agitated at his granddaughters begging.

"Ok Grandad" i sigh finally giving in. There was no way i could persuade him, looks like it was me Nina and her mother for the foreseeable.

Grandad didn't give up. He went off and did a small American tour and didn't once regret not bringing me.

-

Alexandras parents died in car crash when she was just 2 years old, her grandfather John had been minding her while they were on their way back from a spa retreat, to treat themselves to their newfound way of life which was called, parenthood. The crash killed them both instantly and John missed his daughter Tessa more and more everyday. Now,he had her double to look after. Alexandra Tess Patterson. She had luscious dirty blonde/brown locks of hair, sparkling brown eyes and was sallow skinned. The image of her mother.