48

The Butterfly Chapter pt 2

"Tell me more" She smiles. Her glossy hazely brown eyes look at me. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail and she looked so innocent sitting and looking at me.

She pulls off her high heels. They must have been hurting her feet, i can see the marks they left.

"I was forced to be independent from a young age" i begin

"My mother died when i was 14. But even before that, she had not one maternal bone in her body. When she was alive it forced my father to look out for me, he did a shit job. I was always getting brought home by the police or being held up in the local shop for robbing sweets and food. The randomest shit, i was raised on the streets even though i had 2 parents. Till i was 14"

She reaches over and touches my hand gently. I open my arms and she moves over, straddling my lap. She lays her head against my chest as i continue speaking to her.

"After my mum died, my dad got arrested for her murder."

She looks up at me, i watch her heart break for me.

"He didn't kill her, don't worry"

"So i moved in with my Aunt Eve in London. Bless her she did a fine job for like 3 years. And then i got hooked up in a drug problem. Owed alot of money to alot of people. Met Reade and Lola, and now i'm hooked up to a band that i was never meant to be in in the first place"

"And now your 21 and have been in this band for 5 years"

"Yep. It hasn't been all bad. I've met some pretty-fucking cool people cause of Euphoria" I mumble as i run my fingers through her hair.

"Like who?" She smiles up at me.

"Like you"

The butterflies still fly around the room gracefully. Flying in groups, and landing.

"Al?"I say softly.

She looks up at me as she moves her head off my shoulder.

"What's your best childhood memory?"

"Getting deep are we?" She mumbles.

I smile and nod. I was opening up to her. She was opening up to me.

"I lost my parents when i was just 2 years old. My mom Tess and dad Alvin were my rocks up until then. I loved them so much. Well, so grandad says. I have so many photographs with my father, I was a daddies girl"

I frown.

"What?"

"Nothing. Continue" i say calmly.

"My best childhood memory would have to be with my grandad amd Debbie, my best friend,Nina's mom, since i lost my parents so young"

"What did you do with Debbie and John, that was a memory" i mumble.

"The playground. I fucking loved the playground" she laughs,wiping a tear away. A tear that she hadn't realized that had fallen. A tear that held so much joy.

"Why are you crying baby"i say wiping the tears that are now falling from her beautiful hazel eyes.

"They're happy tears. I swear" she says.

"It's just. Growing up i never felt like i had a home. Mom and Dads house got sold, grandads got sold, i lived on a tour bus, i lived in a caravan as i started getting older and grandad didn't want me around the men on the bus and then finally i lived with Debbie. I had so many "homes", but the one plave i felt at home was a playground. There was always the same things at a playground, it was always the same, a slide,swings and a climbing frame, and that was somewhat comforting for me as a child"

"Guess we both were raised on the streets after all" i mumble as i kiss her forehead.

A white butterfly lands on her thigh.

She smiles and looks down at it.

"White means purity baby"i mumble.

"And your red one symbolized love" she smiles wiping her last tears

God she was so beautiful.

"You're so perfect Alexandra. Even with all your "flaws" " i mumble.

"You are" she whispers.

She scoots closer and places her lips on mine.
I kiss her with passion and love. Love and purity. Me and her.

It was only tonight, i realized just how damaged she was too. We both had our own shit to deal with. And that very fucking frightening that someone i cared for so much, was stuck in her own mental shit place.

If i can give you one thing in this life,
I will give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes, only then you will realize just how perfect you are to me too.

Alexandra Tess Patterson you have stolen my heart and from that very first day i met you, i have prayed that somehow, i'd get it back. But now my angel, i have realized i'm in far too deep for that now. You have my heart, and my only wish is for myself, not to damage yours.

My Butterfly Baby Girl.