Chapter 19

Y/N's POV:

I watched him walking towards a smaller wardrobe, which, from the distance, I can tell it had only one door.

Jeff kneeled down in front of it, starting to bring out some books, placing them one over another until three thick, large, probably medicine guides, were composing a little tower.

"Y/N, come here and help me with these." the Med-jack said and I did as I was told.

He handed to me, with both his hands, one of the books and I'm glad I caught it well because it was uncommonly heavy.

It was like what I had between my arms wasn't something made of papers, but something like a smaller, fat animal.

After Jeff picked up the rest, we headed to the bed I woke up in some time ago.

I lifted the pillow and placed it behind me so I could have a comfortable position while I'm going to read through this colossal book.

But then it hit me like a lightning.

What should I be looking for?

I opened my mouth to ask Jeff who already opened that guide, but I immediately remembered that I had to keep it shut.

I patted his shoulder and he instantly lifted his eyes to me.

"What is it?" he asked gently.

My eyes roamed around the room, hoping that I can find something useful but instead, an idea popped into my head.

I used one of my palms and two fingers from the other hand to gesticulate the movement of writing on a paper.

"You want paper and a pen?" Jeff asked addled.

I nodded.

He stood up and went to bring me what I wanted.

While he was gone, I looked through the book a little and my attention was suddenly caught by something strange that shouldn't have been in a guide about medicine.

Mostly because it didn't have anything in common with it.

It was a page full of weird things.

The title was written with big, black letters and it said "WICKED".

I frowned as I watched it, filled with confusion and amazement at the same time. This was truly odd.

Everything was in black and white. There were also some unclear photos here and there and some words thrown all around the paper.

It looked like a part from a newspaper but about WICKED.

There were some paragraphs with visible texts or not. Handwritten or normal.

It was really strange. Extremely strange.

They've never noticed it??

When I flipped the page, I saw that the back of that paper was the same. Other things about WICKED. With other texts and photos.

When I wanted to rip that page off from the book so no one else could see it, I realised that it wasn't part of the guide. This paper has been put there on purpose.

But why? And by who?

I didn't have too much time to think as Jeff came back with some papers and a pen.

Before he could see me, I hid the paper under the pillow and stayed there, smiling dumbly at him as he sat back down and gave me the things he brought.

I almost forgot what I wanted to ask him because of what just happened but I quickly came back to reality.

'What do I need to look for?' I wrote and showed it to him.

"Things about the neck. Inflammations, infections, anything. We should find something there." Jeff replied.

I nodded and opened my book back.

*Time skips*

We didn't find anything useful about how my neck should be treated so we just gave up on trying to search through these colossal guides after around an hour.

Everything that was described in the books wasn't enough to help the process of healing for someone who was supposed to be killed strangled.

As soon as Jeff got up and went with the two books he had been looking through to put them back in their place, I stood up to follow the Med-jack.

A/N:

Oh, my God, this is like so short I'm so sorry😩

And I also must apologize for not updating this book in like 3 months💀

I've been busy with school stuff and my motivation for writing disappeared for some time but I can say now it kinda came back. I still really like writing and even if I'm not always answering the comments that people post here, it still makes me extremely happy to see that you guys actually like this book💜

Oh, and also, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 8K READS LIKE HOW IN THE WOLRD DID I GET HERE SO QUICKLY I- Just thank you for all your support and nice things that you say, all your votes and the fact that you read this book. It means everything to me🥺

I really hope the next chapter will be done soon though. Until then, thank you again for reading this, and don't forget that I love you all💕💚