Chapter 30

Minho's POV:

I didn't know if I really meant those words, all I knew was that I was in too much pain to even think properly.

But she didn't get to answer me as her body fell into my arms, realising that she just lost her consciousness.

I slowly knelt with her body as I hugged her tightly, feeling tears running down on my cheeks as I closed my eyes, my heart and chest hurting as hell, like somebody was squeezing my body until I couldn't breathe anymore, a big pressure being held upon my shoulders.

I couldn't handle the thought of losing her, of her being banished. It was unfair how me and the Greenie got away with being stung but she experienced it right before sunrise.

I stayed there and cried for almost an hour, not believing and neither accepting what just happened. To me, I hoped it was just a nightmare because if it was true, then I might lose myself too. I couldn't live without her. Only her presence was keeping me alive and she was the only reason I wanted to turn back into the Glade, to see her waiting for me and then spending time together.

I must admit, I was very jealous when I was seeing her with other boys, occasionally hugging them even though I knew they were my friends or when I heard that she needed to bandage Gladers and touch their bodies- this was making my blood boil regardless of the fact that I knew that was her job. I liked her and I always knew that but to me, there were no hints that she likes me back so I kept it inside me until now when it's too late.

I should've kissed her when I planned to. After the gates closed and we were sentenced to death. I really wanted to do that but something stopped me. I was too scared, even though we were basically already dead. I should've profited from that moment. I should've kissed her even if there was the possibility of her pushing me away. What did I have to lose? Absolutely nothing. But now it's too late.

Thomas cried too because I could hear his sobs but I didn't blame him. After all, I was being a cry baby as well. What we've been through was the most traumatic thing in our lives and for me, seeing my best friend and crush being given to death made it worse.

After our weepy session, I carried Y/N towards the place we left Alby, holding her tight against my chest, so we could take him back into the Glade as well.

I was watching her from time to time, and every glance of mine seemed to make her more pale than the last moment I saw her. I could feel the sadness growing bigger into my already broken heart.

Me and Thomas silently made our way towards Alby and when we arrived at our destination, Thomas got down our leader from up there and then started to drag him along until we reached the Glade.

I couldn't feel any happiness when I stepped into it and saw all my friends surrounding us, asking so many questions but I couldn't listen to any of them. All I could do was to look at Y/N who was still into my arms, lifeless. Thomas placed Alby on the ground and soon, Clint and Jeff came there too, checking him.

"What happened to Y/N?" I heard Newt ask me. I gazed him.

"She was stung." I simply replied and heard everybody there gasp. Newt seemed to be on the verge of an emotional breakdown, hardly believing that but it was obvious.

Chuck came closer.

"Are you serious?" he questioned me with a soft expression which signalised a huge wave of sadness.

"Unfortunately yes." I told him on a low tone and I saw his eyes starting to get glassy as he watched her as well.

Everybody was looking at her in disbelief, shock and sadness. She was getting along with almost everyone, even though things were complicated at the beginning. She was our all friend and we all cared about her.