Chapter 4

Y/N's POV:

"We need to talk." Alby said when he got at us.

"Okay. Then I'm gonna let you two alone. I can't believe the Greenie got already in trouble." Minho said smiling and then, when he was about to leave, Alby stopped him by catching his arm.

"No. I need to talk to both of you."

I and Minho only looked at each other confused.

"I hope you realised you're the only girl from around here, right?" Alby questioned, looking at me.

"Yeah." I replied lowly.

"There's a problem... with you and the place you'll sleep. You're gonna have a roommate." Alby said.

My face dropped.

"Wait. I thought you're gonna let me sleep ALONE because I'm the only girl. I need PRIVACY, you know!" I burst out irritated. I didn't want a roommate. Who knows what idea he might come up with while I'm asleep.

"It's your choice. Either you sleep in a room with only one roommate and a bed, or you sleep outside, in a hammock, surrounded by twenty boys that have been watching you all day," Alby said seriously, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "And I honestly don't want to let you sleep outside with those shanks so I think you'll choose the same thing." he continued.

"But who's this roommate? Have I met him yet?" I asked curiously.

"I think you've spent most of your time with him today." he said with a knowing smile.

My eyes widened.

"Do you want to kill me!?" Minho and I said at the same time.

"Nah. This ain't my intention. But listen! You're not going to die. So shut the shuck up and go to the Homestead to show her the room," Alby said seriously while pointing to a big, improvised building made of wood from one of the corners of the Glade. "Other questions?"

"Why can't she sleep with someone else? I like staying alone in my room. You know that." Minho uttered coldly.

"Because I trust you. And anyway why do you hate each other so much? You just met and you can't even stay without having a fight for only one minute." Alby said exasperated.

"Fine... I'll show her the room. I don't know why you're putting me to do all this klunk." Minho mumbled and then he started to walk.

He realised pretty quickly that I wasn't coming so he stopped, turning around to look at me. I was shocked because he actually accepted to have me as his roommate without protesting that much.

"You coming?" he asked and I slowly nodded.

He led me to the Homestead and as we entered, we climbed up the creaky stairs and I followed Minho on the corridor until we arrived in front of a door that was exactly the same as the others.

He opened it, making me a sign to enter.

After I crossed the threshold, I started to examine the room. It was pretty neat for a boy though.

"Okay so. That is your bed," he said, pointing to the bed near the window. "If you'll wake up in the morning when my alarm goes off then sorry but it wasn't my idea to be your roommate. By the way, tonight will be a bonfire-" he started but I spoke over him.

"A bonfire?"

"Yeah. When a new Greenie comes, we make a bonfire for him. Or her in this case." he answered with a shrug.

"That's nice... I guess." I said.

"Yeah, well... See you later. I'll go outside. You can stay here if you want but you cannot search through my things without my permission." he told me before closing the door behind him.

Minho doesn't seem that bad as I thought. But he's still annoying sometimes. Maybe we can be friends but I don't know if he'd ever want to...