Chapter 10

Y/N's POV:

Because I didn't have anything better to do, I went into the Dead-Heads.

I didn't do much on my first day as a Med-jack. It was in fact dull but what can I do? I wanted this.

I went there and I sat down next to a thicker tree.

Somehow, I fell asleep. Maybe because I slept only a few hours last night and I was pretty tired.

I don't know how much time I stayed there as suddenly someone started to shake me.

I slowly opened my eyes and I looked up to see a smiling Newt.

"Morning, shank. Wanna come with me to wait for Minho at the doors?" he asked and I thought for one minute while I was getting up.

I didn't even realise that it was already evening and the Runners had to turn back.

How much did I sleep?

"Yeah...Sure." I replied in a low tone.

We both went to the East door and began waiting for Minho.

Some of the Runners had already turned back while we were standing there and I became a little worried about that. I thought Minho is the first one who comes back.

What if something bad happened to him?

NO!

I put aside this thought.

He must come back.

Every time I closed my eyes I felt like I will instantly fall asleep so I tried to stay awake, leaned against Newt so I didn't have to use all my strength to stand.

I have to see if he's ok. After that, I can go to my room and stay in my bed and remain there till tomorrow. I think I'll probably skip dinner.

I was looking at the ground while thinking and in the moment when I lifted my head, I saw Minho, together with Ben, his partner, only a few meters away from us. I smiled.

I wanted to run at him and pull him into a hug but I think it would be weird with the boys next to us so I just stayed there, watching them coming.

"Hey." I greeted them with a sleepy smile as they entered the Glade, stopping in front of us.

"Hi, Greenie!" Minho said back, smirking at me, and then nodded to Newt like he wanted to say a silent 'hi'.

"Hi, Y/N!" Ben replied at his turn while saluting Newt as well.

"Come on, Ben. We have to map the route we took today before we forget it." Minho spoke, already heading to the Map-room. His partner quickly followed him.

Newt was smiling like an idiot for a reason or another.

I just looked at him and I raised my eyebrows, waiting for an answer but the only thing he did was to shake his head, looking down, still smiling, and to pat my shoulder before he left me, going who knows where. I rolled my eyes and went to the Homestead.

I entered the room Minho and I share. I approached the window from next to my bed and I looked through it at the Glade for a bit.

I could see the boys walking around and the Track-hoes working in the Gardens far in front.

It's a peaceful place. I kinda like here. For now at least.

I heard a sound coming from behind me and when I turned around, I saw Minho coming inside the room, closing the door behind him.